No OTA Yet?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
How long have you been waiting? I purchased mine on the first day and saw the update the next morning.

andyr2007#AC

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I do know that when I got my phone, the T-mobile representative had stated that the e-mail needed to be set up, and thereafter, that I would need to make a phone call. If both these items have already been done for you (Call I would expect, but e-mail maybe you just haven't set it up)...then I would suggest making sure you DO have the android data plan for the MT4G (I believe this may cause the error of not receiving updates). If all of the above is already taken care of, I would pull the battery while the phone is on, wait ten seconds, and re-insert...this should force the network to reset and maybe that is all you need. (After the reset, it may still take a few hours or so for the update to hit, would give it up to about 24 hours)

rxpx33#AC

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay I have had my phone now since it came out. I have my email setup I have made calls received texts and picture mail. I have even spent time surfing the web and making video calls.
I still have yet to receive the update. I'm not sure whats going on. The phone is fine and works with out it but I just think its kind of weird that I am like the only Mytouch 4G user out there that has not received the update a week after having the phone.

skidooman93

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I declined the update when it showed up because I didn't have enough battery at that time was about 7% and I was in a very bad spot for coveage. How do I get the link to update again? Thanks.

So far I love this phone but battery life is anoying, yesterday I only got about 6hours on it. Today seems better.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
A bit of a newbie here, but how do i know if I have received an OTA update?

You'll get a message on your device asking if it's ok to install an update... OTA: Over The Air, in other words you don't have to connect to a PC to install an update.

detwetter

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to your t-mobile online profile, make sure the phone that shows up is your new myTouch 4g and not your old phone.

Not sure that's what did it for me as I did this right after getting the phone. Next morning had the ota waiting.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

alekaras

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Go to your t-mobile online profile, make sure the phone that shows up is your new myTouch 4g and not your old phone.

Not sure that's what did it for me as I did this right after getting the phone. Next morning had the ota waiting.

I updated my phone on my t-mobile online profile, but still no OTA. Have had the phone for 11 days now.

cheftam

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to tell if you have the OTA or not in the Settings/Software information?

I honestly can't remember if I got the OTA message or not, I was too excited the first hour I got phone and was just pressing buttons :)

detwetter

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The only other thing I did was remove the telika apn. Telika was by default selected on my phone. I switched to T-Mobile Data, then deleted the Telika apn entry.

david20817

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have still not received the update from Tmobile to 1.17.531.2. I'm still on 1.14.531.... I've had my phone over a month and Tmobile has no idea why it is not updating. I just tried changing the APN setting mentioned by detwetter. Is there anyone else out there who has had the phone as long as I have and still not updated? Any other ideas in terms of what might work?

thanks,
Dave

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are provisioned correctly from T-Mo. I had to change from standard Android to myTouch, don't ask why, but it did work for me.