BB users - contact sync!

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is many other places, but for BB users just making the switch - this may be helpful:

If you did not have Google sync installed on your BB (for calendar sync, etc), install if on your BB. If you do, make sure contact sync is on (and allowing duplicates OK in your address book options).

MT will simply sync with your Google contact list.

I never allowed contact sync before so I had it off always until I realized the MT was pulling contacts from Google. Again..I know this is kinda "duh" information, but it could save someone a lot of time.

Out to the bars....wish my MT good luck. :eek:

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
Be careful with the BB Sync however because I had this problem when I switched back to my BB from the G2 when I returned it. In the BIS settings for BB you now have the option to sync your gmail contacts and calendar entries to googles servers but if you have Google Sync for BB activated it will continue creating new entries until the phone dies or runs out of memory. I had a calendar entry that repeated itself 10,000 times and couldn't figure out what was doing it so just do yourselves a favor and not use the BIS option to sync. Google sync is the best way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol