Issues with Mytouch 4g

bobbygsk

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I bought Mytouch 4g and I have the following issues. I took my phone to the T-Mobile store and demonstrated the issue to the Representative over there but could not able to troubleshoot. The only suggestion I got is to call the T-Mobile Customer Service.

Issues
======
1) Bluetooth
I have built in blue tooth in my car and connected to my Mytouch 4g. I could able to place a call. But when I receive a call, it rings through my car speaker and when I take the call, it automatically shifts to my Mytouch 4g instead of bluetooth Mytouch 4g. the Customer Rep at the store told me that it could be prob with my Car bluetooth. Luckily, I brought my other T-mobile phone (Samsung t-809; 4-5 yrs back phone) and told him that it works fine with this phone. I wanted to show him the bluetooth works fine inside my car and it is prob with the Mytouch4g but the Rep told me that he cannot come out of the store as it is a rule to have atleast 2 Rep inside the store all the time.

2) Video
Any video when you play and when you turn 90 degrees, it will adjusts itself from vertical to horizontal(wider) but it cannot adjust itself back. Neither when you turn 180 degrees horizontal to horizontal (wider screen to wider screen; Turning upside down). The Rep told me that this phone does not have that feature. All of the touch phones which are out in the market can adjust accordingly if you turn 90 degrees. Does anyone have a prob playing a video turning (90 degrees) horizontally (wider Screen) to vertical.

3) Battery
Battery charges goes down pretty fast. Within 10 minutes, 3/4 of my battery went down.

4) Task running background.
When I open any application (Even Pre-Installed app from Tmobile and google), these app runs in background. The Rep told me that I have to download "Task Killer" app for android. Do I have to download app to kill the task. Doesnt Mytouch 4g kill the task by itself?

andyr2007#AC

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Answer to...
3) Call customer support, and they should be able to send you a new battery....sounds like you just got a bad battery
4) Download TaskKiller Full...

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the reasons I returned the MT4G was it's poor Bluetooth functionality. For example, my car, like yours, has handsfree bluetooth call handling. When I activated the Car Dock on the phone and a call came in it only went to the handset, not thru the car speakers. Thus, the Car Dock was worthless.

Also, when connected to the car, the genius button would not recognize voice commands thus making it worthless as well.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Can't answer the BT issue. But I will say that returning the phone simply for a BT issue is a bit much. To me that makes no sense, especially considering how great the phone is. As far as the video issue, I just tried it with youtube and it worked fine. As far as the battery, you have some issues. Either you have a bad battery, or more than likely it's a rogue app. Meaning there's an app that's sucking up resources when it's not supposed to. What apps do you have? There's a few ways to see what app is doing it. Download the app Watchdog Lite. Go to CPU and tap Real Time CPU. That'll show you what apps are running and how much resources it's taking up. Let me know what is says. So far my gf can get easily 12 hours of moderate use. There's no reason for the battery to drain so fast.. Also.. about the task killer. DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER use a task killer. It's a big no no. This crap with reps telling customers to download task killers needs to stop. The MT4g has Android 2.2. Android 2.2 can mange memory really good, good enough where you don't need a task killer. 99.9% of the time task killers cause more problems than it solves. As a matter of fact, a lot of times task killers is responsible for an app becoming rogue. Just because it says an app is "running", it's not really running at all. As a matter of fact, when you go to the CPU section of Watchdog, you'll see exactly what I mean. You'll see a bunch of apps "running", but you'll also see almost all of them at %0.0 or a couple at %0.2. They're just hanging out in the background cached and ready to go for when you DO need the app. It does this to speed up app start up. Now lets say you have 150mbs of memory (RAM) available. If you're about to do something and Android knows it needs more RAM available to run that app and still function smooth, it'll close whatever app it feels necessary to accomplish that. Never ever ever ever ever use a task killer, especially on Android 2.2. It's 100% useless and 99.9% of the time counter productive.

Reactions: fredmr85

andrewb#AC

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Return the phone get and iPhone 4. BT works great, as it should. video turns, and the battery lasts for about 3 times as long.
My company just switched to tmo and everyone has droid phones. There is a reason the service is cheaper and these phones are cheaper than iPhones. They don't work out of the box, you have to download apps to have it work right, and a whole host of other issues.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Also.. about the task killer. DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER use a task killer. It's a big no no. This crap with reps telling customers to download task killers needs to stop. The MT4g has Android 2.2. Android 2.2 can mange memory really good, good enough where you don't need a task killer. 99.9% of the time task killers cause more problems than it solves. As a matter of fact, a lot of times task killers is responsible for an app becoming rogue. Just because it says an app is "running", it's not really running at all. As a matter of fact, when you go to the CPU section of Watchdog, you'll see exactly what I mean. You'll see a bunch of apps "running", but you'll also see almost all of them at %0.0 or a couple at %0.2. They're just hanging out in the background cached and ready to go for when you DO need the app. It does this to speed up app start up. Now lets say you have 150mbs of memory (RAM) available. If you're about to do something and Android knows it needs more RAM available to run that app and still function smooth, it'll close whatever app it feels necessary to accomplish that. Never ever ever ever ever use a task killer, especially on Android 2.2. It's 100% useless and 99.9% of the time counter productive.

Very interesting. I was convinced it was necessary almost...but never researched it here much. Will remove immediately.

radamo

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Issues
======
1) Bluetooth
I have built in blue tooth in my car and connected to my Mytouch 4g. I could able to place a call. But when I receive a call, it rings through my car speaker and when I take the call, it automatically shifts to my Mytouch 4g instead of bluetooth Mytouch 4g. the Customer Rep at the store told me that it could be prob with my Car bluetooth. Luckily, I brought my other T-mobile phone (Samsung t-809; 4-5 yrs back phone) and told him that it works fine with this phone. I wanted to show him the bluetooth works fine inside my car and it is prob with the Mytouch4g but the Rep told me that he cannot come out of the store as it is a rule to have atleast 2 Rep inside the store all the time.

I had this same issue yesterday. Got a call while driving home. Saw on my Radio display that it was from "HOME". I answered the call and could not hear. I picked up my phone and found that the call was routed to my handset and not the bluetooth in the car. I had been using a BB Bold for over year and a curve before that all without issue.

RA

baltimoreevo

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I don't know what kind of cars you guys are driving, but I have had this problem with my bluetooth before on my evo and every other phone. Here is what I know and how it works in my car. YMMV. I have a 2004 BMW 545i. Once I connect the phone via bluetooth it will place calls over the speakers but like you guys said if I answer a call on the phone, it is routed to the phone. The solution for me was simple. Dont answer the phone using the handset. I actually have to answer the phone via the button on the center console. If I do this the car answers the phone and the caller is heard through the speakers and the radio cuts off. Hope this helps you guys. But again if you have a different car or dont have a button to answer through the car this wont work.

radamo

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I don't know what kind of cars you guys are driving, but I have had this problem with my bluetooth before on my evo and every other phone. Here is what I know and how it works in my car. YMMV. I have a 2004 BMW 545i. Once I connect the phone via bluetooth it will place calls over the speakers but like you guys said if I answer a call on the phone, it is routed to the phone. The solution for me was simple. Dont answer the phone using the handset. I actually have to answer the phone via the button on the center console. If I do this the car answers the phone and the caller is heard through the speakers and the radio cuts off. Hope this helps you guys. But again if you have a different car or dont have a button to answer through the car this wont work.

I am driving a 2006 3 Series Bmw and DID use the button on my steering wheel to answer the phone. The call was directed to the handset. My blackberries would route the car audio whether I pressed the button on the steering wheel or the handset. There is definitely an issue with the Bluetooth in this device.

Lovepinke

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i have this same problem with my motorola bluetooth device, so its definitely not the phone. it will ring in my ear and i even hear the click that i answered it, but then i dont hear anyting in my ear, but i can hear someone saying "helloo??" in the earpiece of the phone . . .

it worked fine for the first two months, then this started about 2 weeks ago. now the bluetooth doesnt work at all :(

s.sanfelippo

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
PROBLEMS with messaging/mms

ISSUES:
When I turn my phone off, my phone sends everyone (that I've recently texted) our old massages or sometimes it sends without me even turning my phone off. Sometimes it wont send mms or wont let me download images, it says network failure. then it says I have to FORCE CLOSE my message app but then my sceen turns black and freezes. please help.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
ISSUES:
When I turn my phone off, my phone sends everyone (that I've recently texted) our old massages or sometimes it sends without me even turning my phone off. Sometimes it wont send mms or wont let me download images, it says network failure. then it says I have to FORCE CLOSE my message app but then my sceen turns black and freezes. please help.

Are you using the stock messaging app?

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's stock. Go to market and download handcent. See if that does the same thing. It's another messaging app.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Myk

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Translucent is to BOLD

I have been encountering this problem for about 2 weeks now.. I have tried several things, and none seem to solve the problem more than a day or so.. I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue, and also resolved it, and how they went about resolving it.

The main screen functions as normal, once you click the contact screen, the translucent background is TOO BOLD, not allowing one to see their contact list, favs, voicmail list, etc. Requiring a restart for it to go back to normal. This is also happening with the clock menu, and the alarm clock. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it?

I tried reseting my phone, and I have also changed themes, played around with the display settings, and the issue keeps comming back.

jrscpu

May 17, 2013
Visit site
LG is useless and the LG MyTouch is a complete DOG!
I have the same problems to. I contacted them an got the run-around.
If you leave BluTooth" function ON, it can kill the battery in minutes.
Real nice design! If you leave Wi-Fi ON, it also kills the battery! Even
With these items off, the battery will discharge quickly within only 1 hour or
so! I bought a 1600amp battery and it too dies quickly! It's totally a Design
Flaw and a Class Action Suit is the only answer as far as I'm concerned!
LG makes Garbage and their Customer Service is for the Birds!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech