Do MT4G screens have an oleophobic coating?

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the glass has an oleophobic coating? Based on how the screen seems better on prints that other glass devices I've used and the fact that most glass screens do..I'm guessing yes?

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, asked HTC...and they apparently cannot discuss this information. They advised that IF there was some sort of coating to use a static cling screen protector of course (I think the full body skins like Zagg are adhesive...in general it seems that it you don't need water to apply the protector or if it is washable and re-useable, there is no adhesive). Reason I was curious is because a lot of the full body skin/wet application protectors have been known to damage oleophobic coatings on glass after some time..and as my first glass front phone, I was not aware of this.

When I asked what type of glass the screen was made of, I was told by HTC that: "As far as what type of glass the screen is made of, the information you are requesting is proprietary in nature and we are not at liberty to divulge this information."

HTC Customer Service responded to my email inquiry within an hour -- impressive.