Quadrant

timbo1083

Oct 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
So I just scored a 1790 on my mt4g after rooting and removing some apps. Is this good? And if not, how can I increase that?

EDIT: Its now at 1994. I know that's good. I'm sure when a developer or programmer that knows what to do with this phone plays with it, it will only go up from there. I think my first run was done too soon after a restart.

Last edited:

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted photos of an unrooted, stock myTouch scoring 1890....but I thought I had also seen stock 1500-1600. There's obviously room for improvement if devices score 2500+...just don't ask me how. I'm just stating numbers I've seen for your reference.

I'm surprised you've rooted the phone, yet have no idea if your quadrant score is good - is rooting that simple?

timbo1083

Oct 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
But now i'm having some issues with space. Titanium back up is saying I have 1.21 free on my phone storage, yet my settings on the phone say I have 898 mb. Don't know how to fix that.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well your phone isn't dead weight, so I wouldn't worry about any issues you have since you or someone will resolve them eventually. For now - congrats on the successful root. I'm going to play it safe and wait.

moosic_lovr

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
But now i'm having some issues with space. Titanium back up is saying I have 1.21 free on my phone storage, yet my settings on the phone say I have 898 mb. Don't know how to fix that.

This should still be wrong. If you look at the specs online on T-mobile's site, HTC's site and basically anywhere else this phone should have 4gb internal storage. Did rooting give you the ability to find the rest of the storage at all?? ..just wondering because I still haven't rooted and can't find the other 3 gigs of memory on my phone either...

I'm hoping they didn't screw up and forget to put the advertised memory in our phones :/

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
2000!

Just ran my first full benchmark -- unrooted and stock (stock besides the 10 apps I downloaded and adding widgets to home screen), I scored a 1963.

EDIT:
Decided I was close enough to 2000 that if I restarted the phone so it had a fresh start I could score higher..... sure enough, my second benchmark came in just at 2000!

Pretty impressive results. Image attached.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been able to pull as high as 2067 on my girls myTouch... stock... Just to give you an idea of how good that is, my Evo has a NonSense rom and overclocked to 1.2ghz and I can't even do that. Only on a Cyanogen rom can I get better (2700+) but it's not fair to compare a Sense based rom to an AOSP rom. As far as the internal memory, even though the myTouch is rated at 4gbs, it actually only has a little over 1gb of usable memory. It's not uncommon at all to see the phone have less usable internal storage than what it's rated. The Evo is rated at 1gb and we only get about 300mbs I believe (something like that). Trust me, you guys can literally store every app you could ever want and never worry about storage lol

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Just ran my stock MT4G: Got 1844 with sync and everything on after a fresh reboot.
Ran it again with sync off and got 1998. I dont know how to take a screen shot of it. Never tried doing this before. But Like fredmr, stock with widgets and multiple apps d/led.

I wonder how this thing compares to other stock androids with 2.2?

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how this thing compares to other stock androids with 2.2?

Faster than all other stock android devices currently on the market - the quadrant results compare your device to stock versions of other phones if you didn't notice that. We wont be the fastest within the next month I'm sure.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Time to open the lid on Quadrant.

Quadrant is broken. It always has been, and the developers aren't doing anything to change it. Someone with a MT4G, who is rooted, and can upload screenshots, do this:

open a terminal client on the phone and type:
Code:
su
mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /data/data/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard

then run quadrant. This goes away when you reboot, it's just creating a temp file in RAM and running quadrant's databases from it. It's the same theory that's used for the Galaxy S "lag fix" -- you're moving it to a faster file system.

FWIW I can get a quadrant score of about 3300 using this trick on my Evo. Now if you use Quadrant advanced, you do get good information from the program, if you ignore everything related to the i/o tests.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
^^^ So is your point that our Quadrant scores tell us nothing about the phones speed because Quadrant is broken, or is your point not to trust uploaded screen shots because people could do the trick you described? Sorry for my ignorance...just wasn't clear to me.

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Quadrant standard is useless when comparing speeds using data from someone else. The scores for the i/o portion of the test are weighted way to heavily, and it's awful easy to manipulate.

Quadrant advanced breaks the scores down into categories. You can get useful data about the rest of the system and ignore the i/o portions.

The screenshots you'll see around the net don't really mean much, but when using it to judge performance changes on your phone it's handy.

No need to be sorry -- after reading it I see I didn't explain anything very well lol.

Reactions: fredmr85

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I did notice it compared my score to other phones but I wasnt sure how accurate to real life those scores were because I wasn't sure where they were coming from. Thanks for explaining its usefulness!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15