Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Navigation

Do you need Data connection to use navigation on MT4G ? or it's preloaded with maps like HTC Desire Z since both of them have the HTC sense HTC - Products - HTC Desire Z - Overview

To use Google Nav you have to be connected to the network. Btw, I could be wrong, but the G2 is the US version of the Desire Z

Speaking of preloaded maps, how can one get the preloaded maps and navigation provided by the HTC Sense UI. I was looking at the demos of the Desire Z (G2) and Desire HD and they seemed really nifty. Any way to get them?

Thanks.

Well they're not part of the Sense UI. It's just a part of the OS package that they put together in the Desire Z and the HD. That I know of, the only way to get the preloaded maps and navigation would be to grab it from a system dump. I can check out XDA to see what they have on the system dump and see if it's in there. If it is I'll post the link.
    alekaras likes this.