Ringtones disappearing and reappearing randomly

alekaras

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So I installed some custom ringtones/notifications and selected them as the default ringtones/notifications for messages and ringer. The problem is the ringtones keep disappearing and reappearing. I installed one from the Looney Tunes ringtones app and downloaded a couple from Mabilo Ringtones. I didn't have this issue with my G2 or DEFY. Just with the MyTouch 4G.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Weird. My gf already has a bunch of ringtones and I tried to replicate it just now but can't. The only time it does that is when it's connected to the computer via disk drive because the phone no longer has access to the ringtones that are in the SD card. But that's all phones and I'm assuming it's happening to you when you're not plugged. She already knows to give me a heads up on any issues she gets with her phone even if it seems minor. So if it ever happens ill post up about it. Not sure if it's something random or an actual bug

Reactions: alekaras

alekaras

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Weird. My gf already has a bunch of ringtones and I tried to replicate it just now but can't. The only time it does that is when it's connected to the computer via disk drive because the phone no longer has access to the ringtones that are in the SD card. But that's all phones and I'm assuming it's happening to you when you're not plugged. She already knows to give me a heads up on any issues she gets with her phone even if it seems minor. So if it ever happens ill post up about it. Not sure if it's something random or an actual bug

Thanks Jerzyiroc. Looks like I may have to take it to T-Mobile if I do not see any further reply about this on the forum.

detwetter

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Try renaming the folder you have your audio files in. I had the same problem as you. My files were in a folder called notifications. I renamed my folder to 'sounds'.

You'll probably need to reselect all your sounds after renaming the folder.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21