1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default myTouch 4G Overclocked to 1.7Ghz

A video I made a few days ago after I overclocked my MT4G to 1.7Ghz. This phone is beastly, who needs dual core! Lol

Ya that processor is pretty damn good man. I believe they've gone as high as 1.9ghz. An Android phone that's optimized for a dual core (probably Gingerbread almost definitely Honeycomb) would absolutely blow it out of the water though lol.. With that said.. I'm still hating on that MT4g processor LOL. I wish my Evo came with it
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Ya that processor is pretty damn good man. I believe they've gone as high as 1.9ghz. An Android phone that's optimized for a dual core (probably Gingerbread almost definitely Honeycomb) would absolutely blow it out of the water though lol.. With that said.. I'm still hating on that MT4g processor LOL. I wish my Evo came with it
    I can't believe that the Evo can only be overclocked to what, 1.2Ghz? It's insane how the G2 and MT4G can be overclocked over 100% their original speed and still be stable lol. I actually get better battery life now that I'm overclocked and have SetCPU profiles set up.

Once the software becomes optimized for dual core processors, they will definitely blow out single core processors.

Global Posts
    10,405 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

that's awesome, reminds me of double clocking my droid. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
    I can't believe that the Evo can only be overclocked to what, 1.2Ghz? It's insane how the G2 and MT4G can be overclocked over 100% their original speed and still be stable lol. I actually get better battery life now that I'm overclocked and have SetCPU profiles set up.

Once the software becomes optimized for dual core processors, they will definitely blow out single core processors.
    Ya the highest it's been able to o/c to is 1267mhz stable. The simple answer is it's just a better processor. Not that the processor in the Evo isn't any good, but sucks that the Evo turned out to be the last one to use that specific version of the Snapdragon.

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee

I have to agree, while I love my EVO, setting up my friends MT4G I was kind of blown away how fast it was. Stock right out of the box, it just seemed to handle things more smoothly than the EVO. Even something as simple as going into manage applications.

Really sharp phone, that said the EVO will do me just fine until June when HOPEFULLY the EVO 2 comes out.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah the Evo is an excellent device. IMO the MT4G and Evo 4G are the two best devices on the market, can't go wrong either way.
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1

Ya you definitely can't go wrong with either of them. I will have to say that the Sense version on the MT4g is awful lol

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Ya you definitely can't go wrong with either of them. I will have to say that the Sense version on the MT4g is awful lol
    I really disliked mySense 2.1 on the MTS so I thought I would dislike mySense 2.2 just as much. Within the first two days, it really grew on me, and now I really like it. The menus are so slick and polished it's not even funny, looks 10x better than stock android. I would prefer it without the bubble icons though, and maybe less bloatware (most of it is HTC software) but it's not that bad.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hey Jerzy WP7 uses the same Snapdragon as the Evo. It kinda baffles me because they focused on gaming and stuff like that. But, they kinda went Apple with it and controlled the environment so maybe they optimized the heck out of it.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    Hey Jerzy WP7 uses the same Snapdragon as the Evo. It kinda baffles me because they focused on gaming and stuff like that. But, they kinda went Apple with it and controlled the environment so maybe they optimized the heck out of it.
    Yeah I was confused about that as well. However, the QSD8250 processor used on the WP7 devices is not a SoC chip, meaning it doesn't have an integrated GPU. I doubt gaming will be that good on that kind of chip.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Hmm, that's a little low. I usually score in the 2600's.

yea seems low. Stock, I've only scored below 1900 once and have hit 2000. an improvement of 300 or so isn't worth the risks involved for me.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I really disliked mySense 2.1 on the MTS so I thought I would dislike mySense 2.2 just as much. Within the first two days, it really grew on me, and now I really like it. The menus are so slick and polished it's not even funny, looks 10x better than stock android. I would prefer it without the bubble icons though, and maybe less bloatware (most of it is HTC software) but it's not that bad.
    i like this version of stock sense on the mytouch 4g. i actually DO like the bubbles around the icon. lol

but liek you said, I wish there was a way to remove the unecessary bloatware that comes with the phone.

ROM
    CM7 nightly builds (r5)

I do agree with you on the broader point, however, 2.4 was reported to be optimized for dual-core processor-oriented software to run just as fast on single-core processor devices.