Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Question Is this in stock anywhere?? (Sync & Charge Multimedia Rotation Cradle)

Hi. If I find this item, its out of stock. Maybe there are other product that I didn't find yet? I want to buy a cradle that can be attached to my PC to SYNC my device when need and to charge it at the same time. This product does this, but I can't find it in stock anywhere.

T-Mobile MyTouch 4G OEM USB Sync & Charge Multimedia Rotation Cradle (Black)

Thank You All!!
    Last edited by ilyabyk83; 12-20-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    Thank You For Your Help

Oooh. So this is the device that uses the 3 point gold contacts on the side of the phone. Nice find. I want.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock ICS, CM7

T-Mo needs to stop dragging their heels with the desk + GPS cradles. I need my fancy Alarm Clock!

Nice find on this one. I wonder if that's the official HTC dock?
    Thanked by:
    Last edited by jbjtkbw00; 12-06-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Corrected information
    Moto Droid 1->HTC Droid Incredible->Moto Droid X->HTC MyTouch 4G->T-Mo G2X(RETURNED)->HTC Sensation->Sony Xperia Play (The PlayStation Phone)
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    Thanx, that is the exact same one I have a link for, and the same thing, "Not In Stock". Only if it was in stock ANYWHERE!!

It seems to be a very popular product. I strongly doubt that there is a chance that this is not made any more, this device 3 months old on the market. It's just that this product is very HOT and is sold out everywhere.

Where to find it now, is a dilemma.
    Thank You For Your Help

I'm thinking they never came in. They are listing the device as not in stock and using it as a place holder maybe. Saves on listing it later when it comes into stock.
    Moto Droid 1->HTC Droid Incredible->Moto Droid X->HTC MyTouch 4G->T-Mo G2X(RETURNED)->HTC Sensation->Sony Xperia Play (The PlayStation Phone)
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm thinking they never came in. They are listing the device as not in stock and using it as a place holder maybe. Saves on listing it later when it comes into stock.
    But I don't think only one store sells them. But every store that DOES sell them, they don't have this item in stock.
    Last edited by ilyabyk83; 12-07-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    Thank You For Your Help
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Amazon.com: OEM USB Sync & Charge Multimedia Rotation Cradle for T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (Black) (Includes OrionGadgets Accessories Pouch): Cell Phones & Accessories
    And the same story here!!
    Thank You For Your Help

Well, according to their Facebook page, T-Mobile got this dock in stock for a whopping $49.99. I can't find the link on their site though. Trying to get more information now. Will post if I find anything out.

ROM
    Stock ICS, CM7

I own this dock, and I can tell you one thing: it sucks.

It is Micro-USB-based, and does not make use of the docking pins at all. To make matters more irritating: it is hard to seat and will damage your USB port / dent the soft body of the phone from trying to jimmy it into place.

Had you been able to just 'drop' the phone into place, this would be a pretty decent little dock. Alas, it requires too much finess to fit the phone into the dock, and is ultimately not worth the hassle.

What a shame. I'm returning this POS tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I played with the thing for a few hours before I became so utterly frustrated with it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JonConley View Post

It is Micro-USB-based, and does not make use of the docking pins at all. To make matters more irritating: it is hard to seat and will damage your USB port / dent the soft body of the phone from trying to jimmy it into place.

Had you been able to just 'drop' the phone into place, this would be a pretty decent little dock. Alas, it requires too much finess to fit the phone into the dock, and is ultimately not worth the hassle.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I played with the thing for a few hours before I became so utterly frustrated with it.
    Can you take a few pics and post them before taking it back to show what you're describing with the connection?

ROM
    Stock ICS, CM7

The only camera I have is on the phone, so...

There's not much to show outside of how annoyingly difficult it is to seat the phone / more dents and scrape marks near the USB port. The plastic 'cradle' cup feels as if it's not exactly cut to fit this version of the phone until it's finally seated. When attempting to dock the phone, almost every part of it will scrape against the plastic 'cup' of the cradle. It's just a poor design.

So far as showing that process is concerned: I'll let somebody else damage their phone messing with this thing on YouTube. I've already put some dings in my baby. Sorry, man.

No worries. I understand completely. If I can find one in a store, I'll try it out there before I dump my cash on three of them.

I've been waiting to find a dock for my mytouch 4G since it came out. Seriously, I've been looking everywhere. Hell, it's hard enough to find cases for it. Anyone find any good accessories for this thing?

I just went in the store to take a look at this. Great little dock EXCEPT for the fact that it uses the micro usb port. The asst store manager was telling me that they had a brochure they received stating that there was a car dock mount for it that used the 3 pins on the side. I guess we can hope for it, but not holding my breath for it any time soon.

Take what the stores say with a grain of salt...they usually never know what they are getting until its sitting there in the back of the store. I went into 3 different corporate stores on November 1st asking about the MyTouch 4G that was released and all 3 stores knew nothing about the phone coming out 2 days later although we knew from this site. My local store knew nothing until the night before when the shipment arrived and didn't even know that they had to work overtime to get the store ready for launch day on the 3rd which proves my point.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

So basically, from what I read, WAIT until the darn thing shows up in stores and try it first. Avoid online orders.
    Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it ~ Woody Allen

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Good Concept But Poor Design

I agree with the above thread...it is a major pain trying to seat my MT4G into this dock. It always trips the power button when trying to do anything but force the thing in. Good thing my wife bought a phone and accessories cause I saved 20% on the price, but I think it's definitely going back. Oh and it has bluetooth, but I never use it...

Good info here... I was thinking about buying one, more than likely after Christmas, but now I think I'll pass on this.... thanks again for all the good info.

Hopefully TMO will have someone make a dock that can use the pins and put my device into desk dock mode.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JonConley View Post

Hi. Is there a good quality dock for this phone? I read here people have issues with it left and right. Right now, I have a stupid cable sticking out my computer, so I connect the phone to that each time; I think a dock would be so much easier and cooler. Is there a good dock or ANY docks for this? I want to try one out regardless.
    Thank You For Your Help

I think that's what we're all waiting for. If I miss anything with my time with my Droid 1 and my Droid X is that there were official car docks and desktop docks and I would always buy 3 desktop docks (nightstand, computer desk in home office, desk at work).

I tried this one out in the Tmobile store and agree 100% with above post from JonConley. It was very disappointing.

not sure about the validity of this, but I read that it uses USB rather than charging ports for one of two reasons (maybe both): ability to sync with a PC...which I think is pointless for an every day dock since you'd only want to sync music most likely, and insurance reasons - where supposedly whoever insures T-Mobile wanted the USB connection since it is more "secure". Again....just a couple things I have run across.

It's too bad this dock turned out to be a disappointment.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm buying a new phone, that's it!!
    Thank You For Your Help