Rooting problems

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've read over the steps to root the mT4G and running into issues getting it to complete. One thing I noticed is that the version of VISIONary I am running isn't the same as the one I have seen in all the tutorials and YouTube vids. Fortunately, I have not bricked my phone, but I'd like to make sure I am doing this right. Any assistance is appreciated!

Also, if you can supply information on debloating and which custom ROM to use, I'd appreciate it!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What do you want? I flashed ice glacier and it went without a hitch. I didn't get the themed version, though.

The over-clock capability of this phone is awesome.

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
What do you want? I flashed ice glacier and it went without a hitch. I didn't get the themed version, though.

The over-clock capability of this phone is awesome.
What's the difference between the themed and non-themed versions? And I am definitely wanting to have better overclocking and battery life control.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The theme is the only difference. I'm not a member over there so I can't say for sure what the theme looks like. I know that the non-themed version is pretty much clear all over. Like the background for the notification shade is clear.

You will be able to OC with the ROM, and using setCPU to underclock when the screen is off will save you battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz