1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you video chat to a pc?

Can you video chat to a pc or mac from the MT? That would be sick...

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The My Touch 4g? Yeah, I tried the Yahoo chat with a computer and it worked great. As long as the app can communicate with the computer, I am sure it is possible with even AIM.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

The yahoo app also lets you video chat to pc
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

So you can only do it with yahoo chat?

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.
    [Signature removed by admin]

Yes and keep in mind that the Yahoo Client on Macs do not have the video chat capability yet for cross-platform so it will not work with Mac users but PC works. As far as I know there is nothing else that can video chat to PC other than that...apparently Tango will get there someday but who knows and it doesn't look like ooVoo is even doing an app for our phones yet.

How about for aim?

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.
    [Signature removed by admin]

I tried it and it didn't work for me as there is no Video chat client yet on AIM for android plus it doesn't work half the time.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Has anyone tried skype yet?

Yes I use Skype and there is no other video calling apps yet...all of them have already been posted here.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the great info guys. Can't wait to try.

ROM

So, this is why mine will not work I assume, I set it up on my Mac, and turn the camera on, but on my "myTouch" the video option after pushing the menu button on my phone is always "grayed" out. Does anyone now of another way to video chat between the phone and a Mac or when Yahoo will be updated?

I have the exact same problem and as far as I know, Yahoo Messenger for Mac doesn't have the video chat capability yet between the client and mobile platforms...only the PC version has this capability so I would say to use Parallels Desktop and the PC Client.

Okay FINALLY it is available for our phones and its the updated ooVoo client which can be found in the market and this will allow you to video chat with a PC for now until the Mac software gets updated. I've used it so far and it works really well and can even do video conferencing with up to 6 people. Check it all out at

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

^Thanks what I really need though is app that can video chat from Mytouch 4g to a mac. I hope they get it done soon.

I'm sure when their devs finish the iOS app they will have the Mac updated to do mobile...if you check their site frequently or become a fan on their Facebook page they will let you know...just look at the download tab and there will be a box over the Mac side that says its Mobile compatible. I use a workaround right now and that Parallels Desktop with the Windows client and it works fine.

What about using a front-facing camera? Anyone gotten one to work with yahoo or any other programs that can chat to PCs? Maybe with the use of another app or something?