Can you video chat to a pc?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The My Touch 4g? Yeah, I tried the Yahoo chat with a computer and it worked great. As long as the app can communicate with the computer, I am sure it is possible with even AIM.

Sent from my Nexus S

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yes and keep in mind that the Yahoo Client on Macs do not have the video chat capability yet for cross-platform so it will not work with Mac users but PC works. As far as I know there is nothing else that can video chat to PC other than that...apparently Tango will get there someday but who knows and it doesn't look like ooVoo is even doing an app for our phones yet.

srosencrans

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So, this is why mine will not work I assume, I set it up on my Mac, and turn the camera on, but on my "myTouch" the video option after pushing the menu button on my phone is always "grayed" out. Does anyone now of another way to video chat between the phone and a Mac or when Yahoo will be updated?

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
I have the exact same problem and as far as I know, Yahoo Messenger for Mac doesn't have the video chat capability yet between the client and mobile platforms...only the PC version has this capability so I would say to use Parallels Desktop and the PC Client.

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm sure when their devs finish the iOS app they will have the Mac updated to do mobile...if you check their site frequently or become a fan on their Facebook page they will let you know...just look at the download tab and there will be a box over the Mac side that says its Mobile compatible. I use a workaround right now and that Parallels Desktop with the Windows client and it works fine.

joshuaf21

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
What about using a front-facing camera? Anyone gotten one to work with yahoo or any other programs that can chat to PCs? Maybe with the use of another app or something?