Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation NEW USER ? - How to eliminate the dedicated email and Friend share screen?

Hey Everyone I am a brand new owner of the MT4G and Im still learning its in and outs- What i am annoyed about is the dedicated screen to email (when u already have the gmail icon at the base of the screen) i dont have any other email accounts is there any way to eliminate it?? It is a wasted space for me. Same with the friend updater? I feel like its just a waste of space and battery life?? Im thinking when it asked me the questions when i first booted it thats how those things got put there but how do i get rid of them???

thanks in advance

Long press on it, wait until it highlights, then drag it to the trash can at the bottom of the screen. Widget gone!
    Moto Droid 1->HTC Droid Incredible->Moto Droid X->HTC MyTouch 4G->T-Mo G2X(RETURNED)->HTC Sensation->Sony Xperia Play (The PlayStation Phone)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default tried that =(

thanks for the help that usually works for the aps but this entire screen is taken up with this email thing and no matter how long i hold a click nothing highlights... Its not a normal ap- it asked me a few questions to "set up properly" and boom there was two total screens that cant have anything else on it. They are dedicated to email (i assume to link up work email or other such things) and this friends updater thingy... NONE OF WHICH I NEED OR CARE ABOUT LOL

SO even when i click menu on in those screens there is no delete or remove option... No matter how long i hold there is no red where i can drag and drop... its like a factory preset thing and i was wondering if anyone else has this and knows how to get rid of it??? I checked in settings cant find where to go??

its the mail window which is the second screen to the left and the friends status updater (links twitter, fb and such all in one place for status updates- which i dont need on a minute by minute basis) which is on the first screen to the right (all from the home screen)...

Any other suggestions... PLZ =)

My suggestion to you then to get rid of that is dowload Launcher Pro from the Market and it will give you quite a bit of customizability.
    JF

Hmmm.

Try a battery pull and then do the long press, drag to trash can.

I have no idea why that widget is being stingy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kibbie View Post
    thanks for the help that usually works for the aps but this entire screen is taken up with this email thing and no matter how long i hold a click nothing highlights... Its not a normal ap- it asked me a few questions to "set up properly" and boom there was two total screens that cant have anything else on it. They are dedicated to email (i assume to link up work email or other such things) and this friends updater thingy... NONE OF WHICH I NEED OR CARE ABOUT LOL
    It sounds like you are trying to hold down the trackpad... you should be pressing the screen and in a second or two it will turn red and you can dump it in the trash can that will appear at the bottom of the screen.

Try restarting your device like JF described above and pressing on the screen... nothing should be permanent on the screen except the phone, app and fav icon unless you put a different launcher on your device.