SD Card Question

kilo720

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I Want To start Using Mytouch as My Defualt Mp3 Player So I plan on Buying a 16GB Micro Sd Card and transfer all 10gb of music from my ipod to mytouch But I Dont Which one To Get on amazon sandisk have 16gb class 2 for $30 Buck, & Kingston Have 16gb Class 4 $30 so which one is going to give me more bang for my buck and any other sd card suggestion are welcome

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would agree that class 4 is the way to go. It will take FOREVER to transfer that music to a class 2 card. If you can afford it class 6 is even faster.

Also stick with a namebrand. Kingston is good, transcend, sandisk, there are more that I can't think of right now I'm sure.

Scratch Famous

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The highest class micro SD cards I've seen are 10. Class 4 is guaranteed to write at least 4MB/s, class 6 6MB/s, etc. That's just the minimum though. I have an 8gig class 4 that writes over 8MB/s. Newegg always has informative reviews, so I would check there. i got a 16 gig class 6 for 35 bucks from them, and it's noticeably faster. Especially since most apps are able to be moved to the SD card now, there's a definite speed increase running from the SD card.

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
The highest class micro SD cards I've seen are 10. Class 4 is guaranteed to write at least 4MB/s, class 6 6MB/s, etc. That's just the minimum though. I have an 8gig class 4 that writes over 8MB/s. Newegg always has informative reviews, so I would check there. i got a 16 gig class 6 for 35 bucks from them, and it's noticeably faster. Especially since most apps are able to be moved to the SD card now, there's a definite speed increase running from the SD card.

Which card did you end up getting there because the A-Data ones at that price had quite a few bad reviews about the speed not as advertised.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz