Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default SD Card Question

I Want To start Using Mytouch as My Defualt Mp3 Player So I plan on Buying a 16GB Micro Sd Card and transfer all 10gb of music from my ipod to mytouch But I Dont Which one To Get on amazon sandisk have 16gb class 2 for $30 Buck, & Kingston Have 16gb Class 4 $30 so which one is going to give me more bang for my buck and any other sd card suggestion are welcome

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Class 4 can basically write data much faster than class 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would agree that class 4 is the way to go. It will take FOREVER to transfer that music to a class 2 card. If you can afford it class 6 is even faster.

Also stick with a namebrand. Kingston is good, transcend, sandisk, there are more that I can't think of right now I'm sure.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

What is the Max SD size the phone can hold?

Quote Originally Posted by DNoble View Post
    What is the Max SD size the phone can hold?
    I believe the max it holds is a 32gb microsd(hc) card

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.2

The highest class micro SD cards I've seen are 10. Class 4 is guaranteed to write at least 4MB/s, class 6 6MB/s, etc. That's just the minimum though. I have an 8gig class 4 that writes over 8MB/s. Newegg always has informative reviews, so I would check there. i got a 16 gig class 6 for 35 bucks from them, and it's noticeably faster. Especially since most apps are able to be moved to the SD card now, there's a definite speed increase running from the SD card.
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Cool

I just won a 16GB card on the podcast yay !
    Hopefully the MT4G can take a 16GB.

Hebrews 13:8

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch Famous View Post
    The highest class micro SD cards I've seen are 10. Class 4 is guaranteed to write at least 4MB/s, class 6 6MB/s, etc. That's just the minimum though. I have an 8gig class 4 that writes over 8MB/s. Newegg always has informative reviews, so I would check there. i got a 16 gig class 6 for 35 bucks from them, and it's noticeably faster. Especially since most apps are able to be moved to the SD card now, there's a definite speed increase running from the SD card.
    Which card did you end up getting there because the A-Data ones at that price had quite a few bad reviews about the speed not as advertised.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I just won a 16GB card on the podcast yay !
    Hopefully the MT4G can take a 16GB.

Congrats! It should work just fine in the myTouch 4G.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.