Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kilo720's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

    Default SD Card Question

    I Want To start Using Mytouch as My Defualt Mp3 Player So I plan on Buying a 16GB Micro Sd Card and transfer all 10gb of music from my ipod to mytouch But I Dont Which one To Get on amazon sandisk have 16gb class 2 for $30 Buck, & Kingston Have 16gb Class 4 $30 so which one is going to give me more bang for my buck and any other sd card suggestion are welcome
  2. #2  
    mcwuppy's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default

    Class 4 can basically write data much faster than class 2
  3. #3  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,899 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I would agree that class 4 is the way to go. It will take FOREVER to transfer that music to a class 2 card. If you can afford it class 6 is even faster.

    Also stick with a namebrand. Kingston is good, transcend, sandisk, there are more that I can't think of right now I'm sure.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  4. #4  
    DNoble's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default

    What is the Max SD size the phone can hold?
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DNoble View Post
    What is the Max SD size the phone can hold?
    I believe the max it holds is a 32gb microsd(hc) card
  6. #6  
    Scratch Famous's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.2

    Default

    The highest class micro SD cards I've seen are 10. Class 4 is guaranteed to write at least 4MB/s, class 6 6MB/s, etc. That's just the minimum though. I have an 8gig class 4 that writes over 8MB/s. Newegg always has informative reviews, so I would check there. i got a 16 gig class 6 for 35 bucks from them, and it's noticeably faster. Especially since most apps are able to be moved to the SD card now, there's a definite speed increase running from the SD card.
  7. #7  
    going_home's Avatar
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Cool

    I just won a 16GB card on the podcast yay !
    Hopefully the MT4G can take a 16GB.

    Hebrews 13:8
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch Famous View Post
    The highest class micro SD cards I've seen are 10. Class 4 is guaranteed to write at least 4MB/s, class 6 6MB/s, etc. That's just the minimum though. I have an 8gig class 4 that writes over 8MB/s. Newegg always has informative reviews, so I would check there. i got a 16 gig class 6 for 35 bucks from them, and it's noticeably faster. Especially since most apps are able to be moved to the SD card now, there's a definite speed increase running from the SD card.
    Which card did you end up getting there because the A-Data ones at that price had quite a few bad reviews about the speed not as advertised.
  9. #9  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,899 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I just won a 16GB card on the podcast yay !
    Hopefully the MT4G can take a 16GB.

    Congrats! It should work just fine in the myTouch 4G.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions