Debugging Mode

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was reading that if USB Debugging mode is turned on it will help with lag and batter life. I do have the Advanced Task Killer that I downloaded from the Android Market but I made it so its not running. I just want to know is the Task Killer recommended? Its set to disable the app I think. Is USB debugging recommended? Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was reading that if USB Debugging mode is turned on it will help with lag and batter life. I do have the Advanced Task Killer that I downloaded from the Android Market but I made it so its not running. I just want to know is the Task Killer recommended? Its set to disable the app I think. Is USB debugging recommended? Thanks

i have not heard this about debugging mode. but as far as task killers they are definatly not recommended if you search our forums you will find many times over that they are not recommended. ill look into this debugging mode thing though.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i have not heard this about debugging mode. but as far as task killers they are definatly not recommended if you search our forums you will find many times over that they are not recommended. ill look into this debugging mode thing though.

I unistalled the task killer. I just assumed it was safe since it was in in the Android market.

Reactions: zorro70em

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I unistalled the task killer. I just assumed it was safe since it was in in the Android market.

its not that its not safe, it can be useful in some cases especially in the earlier days of android, but for the most part it is a drain on your resources and when used you usually kill off processes that the system needs. one of my coworkers just came to me and he had it on his phone. Some OH SO USEFUL VZW rep decided he needed it.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Appreciate it. Did you find anything on the usb debugging mode?

I know back when I had a G1 and was tethering using PDAnet you had
to enable usb debugging in order for the tether to work.

Now that tethering and wifi hotspot are native to Android I dont know
whether it will interfere or not with tethering if its not enabled, I havent tried it.

:eek:

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard of this nor have i seen it anywhere else. the best way to see if this will work is just to try it i guess.. So Matt try it out and see if you get better battery life and if you see less lag. i dont thing it will hurt anything.

I will. Maybe I'll get better battery life with the new firmware that I installed. It just popped up and I know it probably wouldn't come back if I hit install later. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781