AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea why we don't have one of these threads yet. :p

snap20101130_092010.png

snap20101130_092003.png

snap20101212_171610.png

snap20101212_171629.png

These are old. Iced Glacier 1.1. I can't remember what clock speed they were taken at. Sorry.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There was kinda one started a while ago where I took a photo of mine at 2000 stock. My range is typically 1900s, with a high of 2039 (no photo for that one, and I don't do screenshots..yet).

My linpack has always averaged lower than avg it seems, just below 40 MFLOPS. High of 40.5xx MFLOPS.

Neocore usually gets me 56.7 FPS, high of 57.2 FPS.

Seems to be a pretty strong running phone for stock...except the linpacks I've seen on stock are usually around 41 -- hope my replacement is strong as well.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The next step is to get a photobucket account, the app, and upload them straight to photobucket. Then on the computer you can log in to photobucket and use the direct link to post the pics using the insert image button here on the forums.

MyTouch 420G

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. Thanks. Been using shutterfly for a while now (per wifes request). I'll be installing tonight!

Anything else you can recommend? I'm freshly rooted, rom'd, oc'd to 1700, running Iced Glacier (latest themed version), and have cleaned out all my bloatware and ad's.

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!!!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that's about it for now. If you have any questions NOT related to benchmarks feel free to search the forums or start a new thread. :)

I thought those instructions being here would be useful for those that don't know how to post screen shots.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. But there is an unroot method available.

You can still post your benchmarks here (without screenshots) but we might not believe you. :p :p :p

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
So after this thread began, I've been running the benchmarks since I hadn't for a while...and I've been getting consistent results for the last 24 hours that seem kinda ridiculous. I've ran them about 10 times before I decided to post the most recent results here and ask what's going on because my quadrant scores have only been below 2050 once in the past ten runs and hit just over 2200 once. I know quadrant has issues, but I'm not sure why they'd be this high. I rarely got above 40 on linpack before and now an getting 41-42 range..... and my neocore used to always be 56.3s with an occasional high of 57.2, but everytime I run it now I get 57.0-57.7.

Couple photos attached since I'm not rooted. But what's with the scores being so far off from where I was at the other month? I'm not complaining....but considering it's stock, it doesn't make much sense all three scores are improved. Is anyone else getting bad quadrant scores lately?

P1010921 by Fredmr85, on Flickr

P1010933 by Fredmr85, on Flickr

P1010939 by Fredmr85, on Flickr

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You have to have a custom kernel installed that will allow overclocking. I saw that you're not rooted anymore, so that means you can't. BUT you're still faster than an overclocked EVO. :)

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
So do ANY of these scores mean ANYTHING at all? The more I read, the more it seems like benchmarks are only good for getting a baseline of your phone, and comparing your performance to your same model of phone...not any other phones.

For example...in the Nexus S hands on video review.... he runs Linpack at 2:45, gets 14 MFLOPS...and describes it as "really good"?.....? I know snapdragon has a faster floating point unit...but you'd think that would be pointed out somewhat rather than call 14 really good? I know normal quadrant scores also seem to be only in the 1600s as well for Nexus S, and I know that isn't relevant to the real world performance of the phone... so what is the point of benchmark scores then? If a phone scores low, people seem to explain that it doesn't translate to real world to make the phone seem more "capable"...if a phone scores high on the other hand, everyone seems impressed and says how great the score is...

I was just reading earlier on another android site that commented how they had never seen a neocore score as high as the Nexus S at 55.7....yet the MT4G has always scored better than that for me. Strange...though again I suppose, real world performance differs.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just use them as a baseline to see how the phone will perform in comparison to other phones. So if you've used an EVO, and see the benchmarks for other phones that'll give you an idea of how the phone will feel.

And some people use them as bragging rights. I use them to bug someone (who will remain anonymous) because they can't get that high. :p

If you get quadrant advanced you can actually see how the subsystem's perform, but that apps not available in the market anymore. :(

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Quadrant. That's the chart. Linpak gives you a good indication of how fast the CPU is. Neocore and GEARS are good indication of 3D performance.

MustangMan428

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For quadrant I got 2014, and for neocore 57.4. I'm not rooted yet so I can't upload a screen shot, but soon as I finally do it ill re-run stock and then overclocked. Quick question, does the launcher you use affect ur score or no?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci