Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default [Official] Post your benchmarks

I have no idea why we don't have one of these threads yet.

These are old. Iced Glacier 1.1. I can't remember what clock speed they were taken at. Sorry.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

There was kinda one started a while ago where I took a photo of mine at 2000 stock. My range is typically 1900s, with a high of 2039 (no photo for that one, and I don't do screenshots..yet).

My linpack has always averaged lower than avg it seems, just below 40 MFLOPS. High of 40.5xx MFLOPS.

Neocore usually gets me 56.7 FPS, high of 57.2 FPS.

Seems to be a pretty strong running phone for stock...except the linpacks I've seen on stock are usually around 41 -- hope my replacement is strong as well.

ROM
    GorillaSense v2.2.4

If someone will tell me how to take a screenshot with my phone, I'll gladly post my benchmarks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

shootme

find it in the market

you have to be rooted to use it

ROM
    GorillaSense v2.2.4

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    shootme

find it in the market

you have to be rooted to use it

Done and done. Thanks for the tip.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Official] Post your benchmarks-snap20110103_222304.jpg  
    Last edited by MyTouch 420G; 01-04-2011 at 12:33 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The next step is to get a photobucket account, the app, and upload them straight to photobucket. Then on the computer you can log in to photobucket and use the direct link to post the pics using the insert image button here on the forums.

ROM
    GorillaSense v2.2.4

Gotcha. Thanks. Been using shutterfly for a while now (per wifes request). I'll be installing tonight!

Anything else you can recommend? I'm freshly rooted, rom'd, oc'd to 1700, running Iced Glacier (latest themed version), and have cleaned out all my bloatware and ad's.

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think that's about it for now. If you have any questions NOT related to benchmarks feel free to search the forums or start a new thread.

I thought those instructions being here would be useful for those that don't know how to post screen shots.

I'd love to post a screenshot but I'd rather not root my phone and void my warranty. Any other way to get a screenshot?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't think so. But there is an unroot method available.

You can still post your benchmarks here (without screenshots) but we might not believe you.

So after this thread began, I've been running the benchmarks since I hadn't for a while...and I've been getting consistent results for the last 24 hours that seem kinda ridiculous. I've ran them about 10 times before I decided to post the most recent results here and ask what's going on because my quadrant scores have only been below 2050 once in the past ten runs and hit just over 2200 once. I know quadrant has issues, but I'm not sure why they'd be this high. I rarely got above 40 on linpack before and now an getting 41-42 range..... and my neocore used to always be 56.3s with an occasional high of 57.2, but everytime I run it now I get 57.0-57.7.

Couple photos attached since I'm not rooted. But what's with the scores being so far off from where I was at the other month? I'm not complaining....but considering it's stock, it doesn't make much sense all three scores are improved. Is anyone else getting bad quadrant scores lately?

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

Why is mine so low?

Probably because you're stock. Still a great score for stock.
    Moto Droid 1->HTC Droid Incredible->Moto Droid X->HTC MyTouch 4G->T-Mo G2X(RETURNED)->HTC Sensation->Sony Xperia Play (The PlayStation Phone)

Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    Probably because you're stock. Still a great score for stock.
    What do you mean? What if I got that CPU app? Overclocking and underclocking?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You have to have a custom kernel installed that will allow overclocking. I saw that you're not rooted anymore, so that means you can't. BUT you're still faster than an overclocked EVO.

So do ANY of these scores mean ANYTHING at all? The more I read, the more it seems like benchmarks are only good for getting a baseline of your phone, and comparing your performance to your same model of phone...not any other phones.

For example...in the Nexus S hands on video review.... he runs Linpack at 2:45, gets 14 MFLOPS...and describes it as "really good"?.....? I know snapdragon has a faster floating point unit...but you'd think that would be pointed out somewhat rather than call 14 really good? I know normal quadrant scores also seem to be only in the 1600s as well for Nexus S, and I know that isn't relevant to the real world performance of the phone... so what is the point of benchmark scores then? If a phone scores low, people seem to explain that it doesn't translate to real world to make the phone seem more "capable"...if a phone scores high on the other hand, everyone seems impressed and says how great the score is...

I was just reading earlier on another android site that commented how they had never seen a neocore score as high as the Nexus S at 55.7....yet the MT4G has always scored better than that for me. Strange...though again I suppose, real world performance differs.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just use them as a baseline to see how the phone will perform in comparison to other phones. So if you've used an EVO, and see the benchmarks for other phones that'll give you an idea of how the phone will feel.

And some people use them as bragging rights. I use them to bug someone (who will remain anonymous) because they can't get that high.

If you get quadrant advanced you can actually see how the subsystem's perform, but that apps not available in the market anymore.
    The Tuba Geek

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZIPS ICS 4.0.5

What app do you use to get that chart?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quadrant. That's the chart. Linpak gives you a good indication of how fast the CPU is. Neocore and GEARS are good indication of 3D performance.

ROM
    Stock (For now.)

For quadrant I got 2014, and for neocore 57.4. I'm not rooted yet so I can't upload a screen shot, but soon as I finally do it ill re-run stock and then overclocked. Quick question, does the launcher you use affect ur score or no?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You know I've never really done side-by-side tests with different launchers. Unless you have the RAM maxed out with open apps I would think that the launcher wouldn't make a difference, unless it happens to eat a lot of CPU cycles, and I've never looked to see if any of them do.

Gah, I'm so jealous of all your scores! I'm usually in the 1700-1800 range. I do have a lot of apps installed, but I run the benchmark after a reboot. If I run the benchmark back to back, the 2nd one is always the faster one. Something wrong with my phone?

I'm not rooted.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by littlegreenguy View Post
    Gah, I'm so jealous of all your scores! I'm usually in the 1700-1800 range. I do have a lot of apps installed, but I run the benchmark after a reboot. If I run the benchmark back to back, the 2nd one is always the faster one. Something wrong with my phone?

I'm not rooted.
    Nope. That's right where stock should be. We're rooted running custom rom/kernel combos.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Thanks. I feel better .

ROM
    IG v1.1.6/ Gorilla Kernel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast