Angry Birds - Data Transfer

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright - did a quick search, didn't find info on my specific question though I'm sure it's out there... I need to know ASAP before I send my old phone back tomorrow so hopefully someone here can help. (device transfer was replace MT4G with new MT4G)

I placed my memory card in new phone...lookout made an attempt to transfer all my apps/etc. I realized angry birds didn't transfer. This was stored on the SD card. So then I realized Angry Cheaters existed for transferring data. Put memory card back in old phone.... but when I went to angry birds link, it said linked application was not installed. I had moved Angry Birds to the SD card previously..

I then panicked, and shut the phone off and removed my SD card because I didn't want lookout again to think I was switching devices and render any data useless or remove any apps I had already began to setup on the new phone.

So I guess...I don't even know what to ask -- is the file still on my memory card somewhere with the angry birds scores? If I reinstall it on my old device, and install Angry Cheaters, can I backup to SD card and then move it to new phone? I would just try it... but don't want to screw up data again.

If angry birds was transferred to my memory card in the first place -- why is this even an issue? Angry Cheaters supposedly just backs up data to the memory card I thought....

I think bottom line is I have a lot of learning to do on what is actually happening when I "move an app to SD card".

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You know what, screw it. Angry Birds pisses me off anyways.

But I still wonder -- why did none of my apps stored to SD card transfer to new phone? Is it just not that simple?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't transfer the entire app, just parts of the data to free up space.

I'm honestly not sure how you would transfer data from one phone to the other for something like that.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Angry cheaters on app market would have supposedly worked had I backed up the data before I swapped my memory card into the new phone.