Why did I have this problem with my mytouch 4g?

tj7755

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone for two weeks and I had a slight problem with my screen. For some reason when I placed a call on my phone the second I put the phone to my ear it would go to my home screen instead of going to the screen where u could end the call. I took the phone to tmobile and they reset the phone and now its normal but they didnt know why it was doing that. I only had the phone for 2weeks, why would it do something strange like that? Oh, and its to late to bring ot back.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had my phone for two weeks and I had a slight problem with my screen. For some reason when I placed a call on my phone the second I put the phone to my ear it would go to my home screen instead of going to the screen where u could end the call. I took the phone to tmobile and they reset the phone and now its normal but they didnt know why it was doing that. I only had the phone for 2weeks, why would it do something strange like that? Oh, and its to late to bring ot back.

More than likely a software glitch. You don't state whether or not you received a replacement? So after the reset the problem still occurred? Have you received the firmware update? Just need a little more information from ya to get all the facts straight.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had to do a factory reset on phones before. If it fixes the problem they will send you on your way. Yes it was probably just a software glitch that wouldn't be able to be tracked down.

tj7755

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply matt, no I didnt get a replacement because the reset fixed the problem but I just thought it was strange for a new phone to act like that. Oh, what is a firmware update.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Will this problem happen again in the future?

I don't know if it will happen again. Hopefully not. When you least expect it your device will ask you to update the software. This is the firmware update that helps with battery life when on Wi-Fi calling. I am not sure what else it does but its good to install because you don't know when it will ask you again to update.

tj7755

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, if it happens again im definitly getting a replacement. But does a software glitch happen from time to time when consumers purchase new phones?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay, if it happens again im definitly getting a replacement. But does a software glitch happen from time to time when consumers purchase new phones?

The myTouch 4G is a very solid, stable phone but I am sure there are going to be a few defective ones. I am not saying yours is defective but perhaps when the software was originally loaded onto the phone there was an issue? Your guess is as good as mine.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
With any mass produced product you are bound to have a few hiccups. That's what I would call what happened to you. And yes definitely take the update when it prompts you to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC