Double space = Period (Not in MT4G??)

radamo

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to locate setting under any menu to enable DOUBLE SPACE = Period. I am so used to it from my BB I would really like to keep using it.
Anybody know where to look?
Thanks,
RA

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are using the touch input keyboard and not swype. To switch over to the touch input hold down where you see a cursor and choose touch input. Hope this helps.

Reactions: radamo

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able to locate setting under any menu to enable DOUBLE SPACE = Period. I am so used to it from my BB I would really like to keep using it.
Anybody know where to look?
Thanks,
RA

Yeah. Swype doesn't do this. For whatever reason their crack team of developers decided that a feature that is in EVERY MODERN SMARTPHONE shouldn't be a part of their product.

Long-press on the text box and choose "Touch input". That'll give you HTC's keyboard which is about a thousand times better than swype.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Swype doesn't do this. For whatever reason their crack team of developers decided that a feature that is in EVERY MODERN SMARTPHONE shouldn't be a part of their product.

Long-press on the text box and choose "Touch input". That'll give you HTC's keyboard which is about a thousand times better than swype.

I agree. The HTC keyboard is way better. I really don't like swype.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Swype is awesome. I totally suggest spending some time with it.

The one caveat to swype is you have to be a good speller.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have ThickButtons as my keyboard and I love it. I just wish that MotoBlur keyboard was on this as it had awesome spell corrections/suggestions with the lil red dot.

EX Cliq XT owner.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've since changed to Gingerbread Keyboard or Keyboard from Android 2.3. It is waaay better than any keyboard I have ever used as far as customizations, paid version. Even better than the skinned MotoBlur keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance