1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default H and E symbols - no 3G symbol.

I have yet to get a 3G symbol on my phone, it view straight from H to E. I know what H and E mean btw, but I thought your supposed to drop from H to 3G then to E. Thanks.

Ed. I found out there is no 3G symbol just G (GPRS) E (Edge) and H for 3G (UMTS, Hsdpa and Hspa+).
    Last edited by tampaflusa; 01-22-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense-o-Maniac

Same problem here. Its very weird I agree, and I thought the same things you thought. I have seen 3G once on my mytouch, I was excited.

T-mobile doesn't have 4g, only 3g and 3g+. H is for both, G is 2g and E is edge.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sardian View Post
    T-mobile doesn't have 4g, only 3g and 3g+. H is for both, G is 2g and E is edge.
    Actually, HSPA+ (although I disagree with the choice) is now considered a 4G technology by the ITA. Thus said, they are using the H symbol so that you dont know if you are in 4G(HSPA+) or 3G(HSPDA), making their spotty coverage not seem as bad.

If you want to know which one your are using just download "speed test" and see what your internet is clocking at (make sure you aren't in wi-fi).

T mobile has 4g but only in certain areas.from what I was told by them.

You guys know you can go to settings> about phone> network and look under Mobile Network type and it will tell you which network your on.

UTMS is 3G. I don't know if anyone has actually seen HSPA+ show up under there yet?
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    You guys know you can go to settings> about phone> network and look under Mobile Network type and it will tell you which network your on.

UTMS is 3G. I don't know if anyone has actually seen HSPA+ show up under there yet?
    I was in a company store and went to the network on my phone and it said
    HSDPA . I asked the rep if it would say HSPA+ and he said no that HSDPA
    indicated I was on the faster internet.
    Strange because my Nexus One shows the same thing, although its not as fast.

Hebrews 13:8
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I was in a company store and went to the network on my phone and it said
    HSDPA . I asked the rep if it would say HSPA+ and he said no that HSDPA
    indicated I was on the faster internet.
    Strange because my Nexus One shows the same thing, although its not as fast.

There's a good thread in the t-mo section about speed and radios. Very informative. The radio in the phone itself is what determines the max speed we can see. That's why both phones show the same network but have different speeds.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Nice to know. My mobile network type reads HSDPA