Wi-Fi Help

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So I noticed lately or since I started using wi-fi calling that once I walk outside of range from the router I can't get no service at all? Now I knew that this phone didn't support UMA but I am stepping outside of range and can't get any service whatsoever. Its like the entire phone connection is getting shut off somehow? I turned wi-fi off and had no luck. It was very frustrating, I thought maybe a tower went down but my mom's t-mobile phone had 5 bars. Long story short, I restarted the phone and it was fine. This is the second time I had to reboot to fix this. Is there a way to resend the service books or something? Thanks :D :D :D

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to reboot it every time you leave wifi? If not it just might be a small bug in the handoff from wifi to cell network.

I'm running a custom rom and I have this happen too sometimes.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to reboot it every time you leave wifi? If not it just might be a small bug in the handoff from wifi to cell network.

I'm running a custom rom and I have this happen too sometimes.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Seems like that is the case. I just started using Wi-Fi calling on it so this is probably a bug.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've also noticed that even when I toggle wifi off instead of just leaving the range of the network that it takes a little bit for it to pick up on the data service even it's getting signal. WIFI calling is fairly new so I'm sure they have some bugs to work out still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX