new user - great device

luminous

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a blackberry pearl for about 2.5 years. I got an Evo around Christmas as part of the Radioshack deal. I was never totally comfortable with the Evo for two reasons:
1) the size. It's just a little much for my taste. With that size device I couldn't be incognito with it, especially while at work, and it always felt large in my hands.
2) the price. Unlimited everything is fantastic, however, $85-90 a month with no 4G in my area was more than I could justify.

So I took it back and got the mytouch4g. For me, it's damn near the perfect size. I love that it has physical buttons that the Evo lacked (I felt the power button on the Evo sticking after only a few weeks). What I don't understand is why this forum seems to get no love. The Evo, Incredible, etc forums are always moving--does no one have this phone?

So far I'm pleased with T-Mobile. I was with AT&T for a few years, then Sprint for a month, then Verizon for 3-4 years, then Sprint for a month, now T-Mobile. The coverage for me is the same and I use wifi whenever possible, so no data problems.

I've had an android phone for less than two months and already I'm sold.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
As for why this forum seems to be some slow, I have some ideas.

1) I think people tend to discount anything "MyTouch" because they see it as gimmicky & midrange (ie the previous MyTouch phones). T-Mobile also really dropped the ball when it came to marketing this thing. The MT4G ads w/ Carly are cute...but they're a total rip-off of the PC vs Mac ads, & that fact isn't lost on consumers. Even though those ads speak the truth, I think the mimickry turns people off.

2) T-Mo is the 4th largest carrier, so of course there will be more people (number wise) talking about other phones on the other carriers.

The MT4G is one of the most awesome phones out, but unfortunately it just doesn't have the reputation of one.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as the EVO goes a ton of people on sprint switched to it because it was the first true superphone on that carrier. Kinda the same on Verizon with the Dinc (with the exception of the OG Droid, but not everyone wants a keyboard).

T-Mobile never gets the attention of the other carriers. It's always kinda baffled me. And this phone has only been out for a few months. Wait until development picks up on the Hacks side of things. That's when the EVO and Dinc exploded. It also seems like Android receives more love on the CDMA side of things anyway.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the MT4G and am immersed. I hope it continues to stay this way coming from a C XT. I'm an Android user for life since 2009.

luminous

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Those are some valid points (4th largest, relatively new compared to other phones)and, whiners do tend to be more vocal.

Speaking of which, my one complaint about the phone is the external speaker. It sucks! The first time my phone rang I was shocked at how bad it sounded. Playing media was no better. I immediately went back to my bb and my wife's apple communications device to see if I was imagining the poor sound. I wasn't. Oh well. Maybe one day there will actually be a perfect phone. :p

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
The speaker is probably my biggest gripe, but this being my 4th Android phone, it's also my favorite. I'd love for this phone to be larger, have more accessories, and that's about it. Oh and maybe NFC.

luminous

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
jbjtkbw, why is the MT4G your favorite? Just curious seeing that you went through the DI and the X, both of which I considered at one point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995