Internet doesn't work sometimes when having signal?

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So, last night i was at a hockey game and i had full bars of 4g network. and my phone could not load a webpage or facebook. I have no idea why but it just wasnt working and i had a full signal. And today at the beach i had full bars of edge service and i was not able to load facebook or the internet. anyone having this problem? what is wrong.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is my experience - Occasionally having full bars result in the phone taken forever to load a webpage. One or two bars usually work better for my phone. This might could be one of those unexplainable occurrences.

At this moment my phone is moving quite snappy with two visible bars, but if it should somehow goes up to three... a complete standstill.

I would love to hear an explanation for this -----

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what it could be. I will randomly (and not very often) completely lose data connection even though I have a strong signal. It could be the signs of t-mobile getting congested. Maybe.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would guess it was congestion. Even when you have great signal you need to get channels and those are limited.

sent from my NC

smjm1982

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes.. you are not loosing your mind.. it has happened to me with every carrier and every type of phone...

Intermittent or no data access even though the connection is good and its not always max signal. Under perfect conditions the net will end up going nowhere.

Here's the problem.. it usually comes down the line like this...
1) phone works great
2) load a bunch of apps on it, all mixed all different, etc. (everything still works in harmony though)..
3) run these apps, drop the phone here or there (I do have one of those cheap protective covers but hey, the shock alone can damage these phones)
.... it still works fine but eventually with, or without an additional drop ....
4) suddenly intermittent internet behavior.. usually, annoying as it is, a full restart will fix the problem. but doesn't last long.. as it gets worse, i could lose the internet in minutes and have to restart again.
5) eventually no data even with perfect signal (thankful for wifi as a workaround but im not always near wifi and shouldn't have to find a workaround).

Ok.. this doesn't happen with every phone i ever had but just about every other phone i ever had (and has happened on just about every carrier over time) ... i have always had android phones).

So not we go to the support mess...
I call support and its a no brainer... pull out the battery, sim card yadda yadda restart... better results earlier but eventually its always the same... the phone has to be factory reset with all the data lost.

This is annoying.. even backing up the phone, this is a pain to have to put all back in only to know that one day soon i'll be doing it again and no one figures out the problem. Carriers don't want to be bothered.. all the basic steps dont work, just trash everything i have to factory reset the phone.... frustrating.

Finally, its always the same in the end... Call Asurion (the typical phone insurer for most carriers) and get a new replacement.

--- one thing too.. (its not a app-capatability issue) cause all the same apps worked in harmony over time without any connection issues --- but it just seems to come to this most of the time......
--- and before you want to say the phone is broken from being dropped too many times, everything else works perfectly, even the phone ...just sporatic or no internet.

--- this is what im asking !!!!!!!
Have Asurion give these sudden, can't get the internet/data connection phones *without doing the factory reset* --> to the android os engineers --there is probably a deep vulnerability at the system file level that is causing this issue and it only happens when --who knows-- maybe when certain registry errors occur...

please do this to figure out what the problem is and nip it in the bud rather than the same vicious cycle and no one clearing the issue !!!!!!

Please !!! thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech