HTC Clock & Weather Widget stopped working?

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the plain ol' HTC Clock & Weather widget (you know the one in the pic below) working fine on my myTouch 4G in Chicago up until yesterday. Now, the weather has stopped updating and it says that the weather data cannot be updated. I can use WeatherBug just fine, my GPS is working, and if I use Beautiful Widgets and choose Google to update the weather as opposed to Accuweather, everything is fine. I can go to the accuweather website, I can do anything! But the widget is dead. There are no Hi/Lo numbers on the right and no animated icon.

Now, Beautiful Widgets is great, but I like that HTC widget. I called HTC and they said it might be hardware related? REALLY? I find that very hard to believe....

Anyone have any ideas what's up? I've seen some threads that reference issues like this in the past, but I don't see how they were resolved.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The Clock/Weather widget uses their own source for weather... it's been known to go out from time to time. It's working in Minneapolis right now. Give it some time.

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have removed and re-added the widget. I'm beginning to believe the outage theory, especially since it's suddenly back to working intermittently in Chicago for the first time since Friday!

What are other people seeing?

Who's responsible for the servers for that widget - just curious, I guess...

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the one with the clock as I did not like the flipping of the numbers. But... the HTC weather widget will just not work when I say restart the phone. Go into Airplane mode and/or shut the phone of totally. It will sit on the blank screen forever. I have to drag it to the trash can and then get another widget there in order to see the weather in 5 states which I love. I'm wondering if this is a stock widget issue?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz