mytouch 4g vs. galaxy 4 (new to android)

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i need yall help, im a blackberry user and i just got the new galaxy 4g but i dont really like it. i want to know if the mytouch 4g is better.

It is!!! I had the Galaxy S 4G for 2 days just to try it out. The screen is amazing but the device feels almost too light. I like firm sturdy devices and the myTouch is very solid on the Galaxy. The back cover is cheaply made. Some complain about the lack of an LED flash. The phone has about 200MB of internal storage available out of the box. Get a lot of e-mails? You'll go through that possible in a few days. I also found the phone to lag. Felt like it really wasn't optimized for Froyo (Android 2.2).

I'd exchange it for the myTouch while you can. I also read that HTC phones are better at getting updates that Samsung phones.

Came from a Blackberry 8900 so I can relate.

Good Luck to you!!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC has a better reputation for updates. That lone is enough for me to stay away from the Galaxy S 4G (although it does have it's strengths).

lancex

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you didn't like about the galaxy phone. What did you like and what did you dislike? What did you like about your Blackberry and what did you dislike? Since "like" is such a heavily opinionated discussion point, it helps if you relay your personal likes and dislikes first.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I almost traded my N1 with Gingerbread plus $ the other day on Craigslist,
but after reading that it has the same memory problem the 1+ year old N1 has
I changed my mind about the dollar amount I'd add.

I'd like to try it but I keep reminding myself that I had a Nexus S for one
week and returned it, and bought the MT4G on C/L.
Samsung has been so underwhelming.

:confused:

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I almost traded my N1 with Gingerbread plus $ the other day on Craigslist,
but after reading that it has the same memory problem the 1+ year old N1 has
I changed my mind about the dollar amount I'd add.

I'd like to try it but I keep reminding myself that I had a Nexus S for one
week and returned it, and bought the MT4G on C/L.
Samsung has been so underwhelming.

:confused:

The Galaxy S 4G is nowhere as nice as the myTouch is. I had the Galaxy S and it lagged so bad it wasn't even funny. Out of the box there was 200MB of free space. What about the business user who gets huge e-mail attachments? I'll never understand that.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S 4G is nowhere as nice as the myTouch is. I had the Galaxy S and it lagged so bad it wasn't even funny. Out of the box there was 200MB of free space. What about the business user who gets huge e-mail attachments? I'll never understand that.

I get blueprint PDF's sent to me all the time but I'd still like to try
the Galaxy S 4G just because of its rumored speed.

I wonder if TMO will get the Nexus S 4G ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2