Can't find Google Search shortcut...driving me crazy

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

P1010989 by Fredmr85, on Flickr

In the above photo - I accidentally deleted my Google search shortcut. I've spent over 30 minutes trying to remember where I added this shortcut from, and have failed. It's not in the app drawer....it's not in shortcuts...and it's not a widget - I kinda remember getting it some weird way...but cannot remember how. I would like it back, rather than the search widget - because the widget is stupid..... the widget just acts as a shortcut anyway.

Anyone know where I got this shortcut from originally?

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well... I uninstalled recent updates for the Google Search app, then the app appeared when I tried looking under "shortcuts" again. After doing this, I reinstalled the update...and the Google Search app was still under shortcuts. After I rebooted the phone however, the Google Search app was no longer under shortcuts...but my home screen shortcut still properly opens up the Google Search app - so I guess as long as I don't delete it I won't have any problems.

I think I just thought it was strange before how you can't add this shortcut via the app drawer...but could via long-tap > shortcuts.... It's also strange the recent update removed this option entirely - because I prefer this over the widget since it takes up 1/3 the space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699