Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    IG v1.1.6/ Gorilla Kernel

Default **ACTUAL STOCK ROM** Froyo HTC Sense 2.2.1 Recovery Rom ZIP

Thanks to XDA and all the other people http://forum.androidcentral.com/members/23859.html I collected and compiled info from, they did great work!!

So, after going through every ROM subject I could find I decided to start one that hits head on what happened to me!

****Please forgive me if I could not find a post already out there****
    This File took my Mytouch 4g from brick to stock!!!!

After Rooting my Mytouch 4G using the gfree true root permroot method, I installed CM7. I did my backup but lost the restore file, Then my sdcard crapped out and I lost all my roms and ClockworkMod and could not boot my phone past the Mytouch screen!!
    So after reading for 6 hours, yes, six hours I found several posts which lead me to the fix!

There is an .Img file called PD15IMG.ZIP http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V4NAODYZ
    I used a card reader and put the file on my sd card rebooted and followed the on screen prompts which were, yes to recover and power to reboot, basically. It took a few minutes and skipped one file and after rebooting took longer than expected to rteload, made me thin ki9t didnt actuallt work. BUT IT DID!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO and the phone is still rooted!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

So, thats my info and what I learned, I hope it helps and that I didnt just **** someone off and repost!! (Crackberry Forum people were psycho about it, I understand the point but calm down for christs sake)
    NAMASTE
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This was in a post already. I hadn't gotten around to making a new thread for it yet.

Where did you find that file? Like what's your source?

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM

This is partly where I got started: How can I restore mytouch 4g to original factory ROM - Android Forums and then I found the link to the mega upload from Here: New and Improved way to Unroot your device (much easier) [difficulty level 4] - xda-developers

I've read a lot of your posts, your quite the go-to guy!! I also realized through some of your posts I couldn't root the normal way with 0.86.0000
    Major help!!! Even after loosing my rom and going through everything I still kept my root on the Mytouch!! Hope this was helpful, can I get a thanks??
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You don't have to ask for thanks. I'll give one when it's worth it. You posting where you got your info was definitely worth it.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I posted that link is a previous thread on here started by me.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Brad48 View Post
    I posted that link is a previous thread on here started by me.
    You are mentioned in the upcoming sticky relating to returning to stock. Just waiting on a file to be hosted.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    You are mentioned in the upcoming sticky relating to returning to stock. Just waiting on a file to be hosted.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Okay, thanks (=

do you un-zip to sd card or just copy the file?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tucknb8 View Post
    do you un-zip to sd card or just copy the file?
    just copy

Boot looped my phone since I didn't understand I had to down grade my clockworkmod version before doing a nandorid restore (I just have stock with bloatware removed and the kernel for setcpu to use) Used this file and it unrooted my phone but left it with s=off. Anyhow was able to get back to my original nandorid restore after a few hours. Thanks a bunch!

Before I tried this .img (and my phone was still freezing on boot) I did have cm7rc2 on my sdcard and tried to install it through the clockwork 3.whatever recovery but had errors on installing even after wiping and everything else. Just thought that was strange.

Thanks again for the link to the file.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kwokjk View Post
    Boot looped my phone since I didn't understand I had to down grade my clockworkmod version before doing a nandorid restore (I just have stock with bloatware removed and the kernel for setcpu to use) Used this file and it unrooted my phone but left it with s=off. Anyhow was able to get back to my original nandorid restore after a few hours. Thanks a bunch!

Before I tried this .img (and my phone was still freezing on boot) I did have cm7rc2 on my sdcard and tried to install it through the clockwork 3.whatever recovery but had errors on installing even after wiping and everything else. Just thought that was strange.

Thanks again for the link to the file.
    Glad to help! I was in a bad situation when I found it, so i'm glad it helped you!! Click thanks on my post if you wish! Thanks again.
    MAke CF stand for Cure Found!
    cff.org
    Thanked by:

Hey guys. This is my 1st post. I was wondering if anyone knew if this ROM will work on my rooted G2.

I'm downloading the ZIP file now, and I'm going to give it a try.

I already backed up my original Android UI with ROM Manager.

I'll let you know how it works.

It didn't work. Oh well. Maybe I can find an original download for the Desire Z or Desire HD.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You would need to find one made for your phone.

wait so you put it in the sd card , then what?? please help

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    You would need to find one made for your phone.
    i need your helppp please

Default Re: **ACTUAL STOCK ROM** Froyo HTC Sense 2.2.1 Recovery Rom ZIP

my mytouch 4g is bricked and i'm about to try your method posted above, but while I'm waiting for ma phone to be charged just about how long did the actual process take?

Megaupload is down by FBI .... someone can post in another host? PLEASE

Question for you guys out there. I have a Mytouch 4g that apparently was rooted with AOKP and had ICS installed on it. Unfortunately something happened and the phone has been bricked. It will only power up and show the AOKP screen now and thats it. I am unsure what happened or caused the brick ( its my dads phone so who knows what he did ) If I put this zip on a sd card and into the phone, would that allow the phone to boot? What steps would I need. I don't care if I lose the custom rom. Honestly for him, I would rather it be stock android or stock from HTC. That way it's easier to manage. Any help would be apreciated