SMS Problem...

mjdato

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So over the weekend I noticed all of my SMS messages were just gone. All of them deleted. My phone was pocketed when this happened but the screen was locked. So it was not unintentionally done by me.

Anyway, I've noticed since then that my messages when they come in go into the thread above the most recent message that I sent no matter how much later they come in and it does this for every message from every person I get one from.

I also noticed that about that same time, when I sent an email it says that it is not configured correctly and has me go through the setup again for email. Everything is filled in and correct I just have to hit next all the way through and it sends and everything is fine, but why would it be doing that? Something had to have happened to cause it but i have no clue how to fix it.

I am just running the stock settings from T-Mo. I have had a BB for 10 years+ and have no clue where to begin on this thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
About your sms suddenly disappearing, one culprit can be the setting "delete old messages as limits are reached". If that's the case, you have to set the limit or turn that option off.

About the incoming message displaying above your latest sent message, it happens to me sometimes. Although, it happens when the message that I send it's sent within seconds of the received one. I think it has something to do with the app syncing with the server. If somebody else knows more, please chime in.

About your issue with sending emails, I recommend deleting the account on your phone and adding it again.

mjdato

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
About your sms suddenly disappearing, one culprit can be the setting "delete old messages as limits are reached". If that's the case, you have to set the limit or turn that option off.

About the incoming message displaying above your latest sent message, it happens to me sometimes. Although, it happens when the message that I send it's sent within seconds of the received one. I think it has something to do with the app syncing with the server. If somebody else knows more, please chime in.

About your issue with sending emails, I recommend deleting the account on your phone and adding it again.
It is not set to delete old ones and even if it was it wouldn't delete every message I had.

This happens to me no matter when the message is replied to even hours later.

I have deleted and readded the email account 4-5 times, it is still doing it.

I am thinking of resetting my phone to factory default, is there any downside t doing this?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you do a factory data reset it'll be just like when you turned your phone on for the first time. You'll have to go through setup all over again for everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay