Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default [MOD]How to unlock your boot animation audio

THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ITS WISE TO DO A BACKUP AS ALWAYS.

Some devs are implementing these into their builds so you might not have to use this method much longer.

This process works on other devices as well, so far known to work on CDMA Hero, Evo 4g, MT3g, MT4g......

Here we go then, this first set is for the STOCK T-mobile ROM Rooted of course. Below are the directions for CM6~CM7~???

STOCK MT4g Maybe other Tmo ROMs too

1. Download android_audio.zip and bootanimation.zip

2. Inside the android_audio.zip there is a default.xml file that goes in system/customize/CID add .bak to the end of yours first though to save it from being deleted.

3. The 2 remaining files, bootanimation.zip and android_audio.mp3 (yes MP3 not ogg) go in system/media/

All this did was edit the default.xml file so the system wouldn't search for T-Mobiles bootanimation anymore. So disregard all TMUS_ in the beginning of your future animations as well unless you go back to your backed up xml file. Also, you don't even need to delete the OEM boot animation as the system is no longer looking for it.

CM6~CM7~Share your success

1. Download bootsnd.sh.txt and remove the".txt" then copy to the root of your sdcard.

2. Use root explorer or equivalent to set /system to r/w.

3. Start terminal emulator up on your device.

4. type "su" + enter to gain root privileges.

5. Type "cd /sdcard" + enter.

6. Type "sh bootsnd.sh" + enter(You will NOT see any output DO NOT RUN THE SCRIPT MORE THAN ONCE OR YOU WILL HAVE TO REFLASH YOUR ROM.)

7. Place your "android_audio.mp3" of choice in system/media/ (if you use the audio.zip I attached below disregard the default.xml file)

8. Reboot to hear your boot audio!!

Attached below is a edited version I made of the original It is NOT MY WORK JUST EVERYONE WAS QUESTIONING IN ITS THREAD AND IT"S WHAT I USED TO OPEN UP THE AUDIO> But if you like it give credit where due. There is a -10db audio as a the OE clip cajn be a bit loud.

Hope you enjoy!

SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO
    spiicytuna
    lithid
    Crackanug

I can't attach any zips over 2MB??? WTH?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mrdaviso; 03-26-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

what is boot animation audio, what is it for??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

The boot animation is the little animated clip on boot, on the stock 4g it is the green ball animation. It is customizable and you can even add a mp3 audio clip to it. Click the link to the "call of android boot animation xda front page" link in the op it will show more.

HI ALL

I'M facing a problem with the boot animation with sound ,my device booting without completing the sound file ... just playing few seconds from the sound , any ideas? see for more info

Best reg
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

What rom and device are you running? I have had over 800 dl's on the script and maybe 6-7 people that have had issues, the rom that comes to mind first was Destroyer v2 from XDA on a Evo.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

This actually WORKED!... I have a MT3G Slide and running Cyanogenmod Nightly #36

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdaviso View Post
    What rom and device are you running? I have had over 800 dl's on the script and maybe 6-7 people that have had issues, the rom that comes to mind first was Destroyer v2 from XDA on a Evo.

Tnx for replying back dude
    The device is Nexus One
    im running CM7-RC4 i used RC3 be4 and it's the same problem

i can hear the full sound strength only when im rebooting to recovery and swaping the dalvik

tnx again
    Last edited by dj_roni; 04-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Hey everyone, so im new to this thread, and im still a noob learning, im on a Epic 4G CWM3 Syndicate with Twilight 1.1.0 ROM so my system may or may not supprt sound, but if it does and this is the way then im having a little trouble trying to implenent the sound on my phone, so the bootanimation.zip and the android_audio.mp3 is in my system/media folder, i tried to use the terminal but it keeps giving me an something like this
    first i followed what u put, i put
    "export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH"
    "$" this is by default it appears every time i open up the terminal emulator, so i havent made any changes at all...
    1: "su"
    2: "cd /sdcard"
    3: "sh bootsnd.sh" ofcourse without the "" and i got this

usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory
    no such user 'root:shell'

any idea what do here? im fully rooted, ofcourse u can tell with the CWM3 it comes with full access root im using the root explorer and its set to r/w and i know because i can rename move and change files on there... and still no luck any suggestions? i used the android terminal emulator from the market.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

For the chown error use root.shell instead of root:shell this probably wont fix your audio as I am fighting the same scenario on a tablet right now. Although this tablet is on aop 2.0 and is lacking system/bin/stagefright, yours could work. Let me know if you need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ractitioner View Post
    Hey everyone, so im new to this thread, and im still a noob learning, im on a Epic 4G CWM3 Syndicate with Twilight 1.1.0 ROM so my system may or may not supprt sound, but if it does and this is the way then im having a little trouble trying to implenent the sound on my phone, so the bootanimation.zip and the android_audio.mp3 is in my system/media folder, i tried to use the terminal but it keeps giving me an something like this
    first i followed what u put, i put
    "export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH"
    "$" this is by default it appears every time i open up the terminal emulator, so i havent made any changes at all...
    1: "su"
    2: "cd /sdcard"
    3: "sh bootsnd.sh" ofcourse without the "" and i got this

no such user 'root:shell'

any idea what do here? im fully rooted, ofcourse u can tell with the CWM3 it comes with full access root im using the root explorer and its set to r/w and i know because i can rename move and change files on there... and still no luck any suggestions? i used the android terminal emulator from the market.

First of all thnx.! Worked perfectly on my MT4G w/ C.7 Nightlies #41. But just in case i have to remove it in the future... Is there a way??
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GQinit006 View Post
    First of all thnx.! Worked perfectly on my MT4G w/ C.7 Nightlies #41. But just in case i have to remove it in the future... Is there a way??
    Theres a few options:
    1 delete android_audio. mp3 or move it to the sdcard
    2 add ".bak" like this "android_audio.mp3.bak"
    3 use a text editor and edit system/build.prop to match "ro.config.play.bootsound=0"

Glad you got it going

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdaviso View Post
    For the chown error use root.shell instead of root:shell this probably wont fix your audio as I am fighting the same scenario on a tablet right now. Although this tablet is on aop 2.0 and is lacking system/bin/stagefright, yours could work. Let me know if you need anything else.
    alright so another noob question regarding this, how can i change it to root,shell? or do i enter root.shell after i have entere su to allow permision?

su
    root.shell
    then i put
    sh bootsnd.sh
    Like that? or how do i change it to root.shell?

UPDATE: ok so i tried doing it the way i did here and it told me root.shell not found and also with root:shell not found!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ractitioner View Post
    alright so another noob question regarding this, how can i change it to root,shell? or do i enter root.shell after i have entere su to allow permision?

su
    root.shell
    then i put
    sh bootsnd.sh
    Like that? or how do i change it to root.shell?

UPDATE: ok so i tried doing it the way i did here and it told me root.shell not found and also with root:shell not found!
    Like this in terminal emulator or use adb shell from pc. This is easier than editing the script and you don't want to run the script more than once anyways, as it borks the sound for good.

su
    chown root.shell system/bin/bootsound

thats it. You wont see any confirmation, it may repeat the input at the most.

alright so i did what u told me and this is what i got after i inputed this

SU
    chown root.shell system/bin/bootsound
    unable to chmod system/bin/bootsound: Read-only file system <==any other ideas?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

You have to mount the system r/w (read/write)

There are numerous ways to do this from the PC or in Terminal Emulator or even using "Root Explorer"

Hello all and thnx for this info, its exactly what I was looking for

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

thanks worked great

Where can I get the default.xml file?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad48 View Post
    what is boot animation audio, what is it for??
    I hope this works

Default easier??

i'm not sure what other android system files are set-up like, but to change my boot audio (rooted evo 4g), i used 'root explorer' app (to access system files) as r/o following the folder paths: system-customize-resource. within the resource folder, i located the stock boot audio file (it's the only audio file in the folder). for evo, it's named "SPC_animation_final.mp3". i then renamed the stock file, adding a "1" to the end (so nothing got mixed up). after renaming, i moved it to my sd card, into a folder i named 'stock backup'- in case anything went wrong, i could just move it back. i then replaced the stock boot audio file with a 15 second-long clip that i named "SPC_animation_final.mp3", which i made myself, using the ringtone cutter/editor app.

it's not really all that technical, just renaming, cutting & pasting. worked for me!

i have MeXdroid v3.1 rom
    is it safe to unlock audio?

thanks so much
    Thanked by:

Default Re: [MOD]How to unlock your boot animation audio

Thanks for all the help
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Re: easier??

BUMP for CM7.1 Stable SUCCESS But it is a very short boot sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by casslovering View Post
    i'm not sure what other android system files are set-up like, but to change my boot audio (rooted evo 4g), i used 'root explorer' app (to access system files) as r/o following the folder paths: system-customize-resource. within the resource folder, i located the stock boot audio file (it's the only audio file in the folder). for evo, it's named "SPC_animation_final.mp3". i then renamed the stock file, adding a "1" to the end (so nothing got mixed up). after renaming, i moved it to my sd card, into a folder i named 'stock backup'- in case anything went wrong, i could just move it back. i then replaced the stock boot audio file with a 15 second-long clip that i named "SPC_animation_final.mp3", which i made myself, using the ringtone cutter/editor app.

it's not really all that technical, just renaming, cutting & pasting. worked for me!
    Some ROMs do have bootsound enabled but unfortunately the mt4g wasn't one of them.... thats why it wasn't in the "General Section" Yes, some may work with your cut and past method.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast