AT&T - TMobile USA Merger...Anyone Going To Bail ?

You Bailing Out ? To Who Will You Go ?

• Total voters

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Already bailed when the Thunderbolt came out... I left T-Mobile, sold my myTouch4G on CraigsList (and had it sold within 2 hrs of listing it) the weekend after the TBolt came out.

And boy am I happy... I've NEVER been an AT&T fan... but to see these two become one... I'm REALLY HAPPY I left!!!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Slightly bigger screen and dual core? And the closed eco system.

It will be beautiful for sure and work, but wont offer any customization compared to android.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Yeah I know but I've wanted one for a long time. It's not like I've been using Android for years. Only about 3 months.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There's a new article on Android Police about how this phone and some others, also 4G's I think, will not work on AT&T. I know I have 12-18 or so months with it but I hope there's a REAL close twin on AT$T-Mobile when time comes.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Veri$$$$$on
Cricket *inserts crickets sounds for call connections*
Boost Mobile *whooo??*
Virgin Mobile *blank stare*
Can to string to can *can ya hear me now*

Oh what a lovely list. *inserts HERsterical laughter*

tbobek

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking I might do Verizon. It seems like they are pretty Android friendly and have many new high end devices poised for release. I will definitely watch the market closely before I make an actual decision.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking I might do Verizon. It seems like they are pretty Android friendly and have many new high end devices poised for release. I will definitely watch the market closely before I make an actual decision.

As a warning, their text messaging seems horribly hit and miss so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ArKay#AC

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could... but only T-Mobile has good coverage around my house.

AT&T has poor coverage - 1 to no bars and more No Service messages than I'd like to think about around my house and at my workplace.

Verizon has decent coverage at my workplace (2-3 bars) and bad reception near my house 0-1 bar with no service during bad weather.

I can only hope that the merger ends up with decent coverage around the two places I spend the most time (sigh).

Entertaining thing is that within 2 blocks of either place, coverage/bars shoot up to 3-4 bar ranges for both.

...obviously I need a new house and a new job.

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
One of the stupidest questions that could be asked as a result of this acquisition.

TMO, from all accounts, will continue to operate exactly as it has, regardless of corporate parental unit. Performance-wise, customers will see no difference in their gear. And, of course, this is assuming that outside parties are unsuccessful in blocking the acquisition.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
One of the stupidest questions that could be asked as a result of this acquisition.

TMO, from all accounts, will continue to operate exactly as it has, regardless of corporate parental unit. Performance-wise, customers will see no difference in their gear. And, of course, this is assuming that outside parties are unsuccessful in blocking the acquisition.

This is not a merger. This is an acquisition. A purchase. No where does it say (or is it implied) that tmobile will exist in any form.

On the contrary, actually, because att already said tmobile spectrum will be repurposed to lte. This will render any current tmobile phone that uses the tmobile 3G spectrum currently available unable to do so.

If it doesn't support att 3G you will be stuck with edge.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reactions: backbeat

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
This is not a merger. This is an acquisition. A purchase. No where does it say (or is it implied) that tmobile will exist in any form.

On the contrary, actually, because att already said tmobile spectrum will be repurposed to lte. This will render any current tmobile phone that uses the tmobile 3G spectrum currently available unable to do so.

If it doesn't support att 3G you will be stuck with edge.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

And an acquisition is exactly how I referred to it.

You may want to search articles for what this acquisition means to users, both TMO and ATT users. Though there are multiple articles easily available, this should serve as a simple primer:

What does AT&T's T-Mobile merger mean to you? (FAQ) | Signal Strength - CNET News

Fear is not anyone's friend - ever.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I just checked Sprints 4G coverage around here.
Guess I'll be sticking with T-Mobile to the bitter end, if it comes to that.

:(

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
At&t is the only carrier that gives me good service at my house.

They are also the only carrier to lock their phones
To downloads other than the Android Market.
You may as well get an Iclone.
My daughter was torqued off because
She cant get Swype on the new Att phone
Her mother gave her.

:(

boogeymanxx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
honestly, AT&T isn't bad. i just ordered an Android from T-Mobile yesterday, it didn't even get here yet, but I have an AT&T phone. It has very good coverage. I'm only saying this because NO ONE has service in my basement... except for AT&T phones. We'll see how T-Mobile is...

Reactions: backbeat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21