Has T-Mobile Given Up On The 4G?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
When every other HTC device is getting Gingerbread update dates... I have noticed absolutely nothing coming out of T-Mobile on the 4G. I know we have been over this many times before.. but I personally think the time has come for T-Mobile to get off the pot and say once and for all what the future is for the 4G. It is obviously not their flagship Andriod phone anymore. My thought is that they are simply letting it die a slow death without any further updates in hopes that we will all give up and buy one of the newer LG, HTC or Samsung phones. Just my opinion and nothing more. I for one, however, will jump ship and move to another carrier before buying another phone from T-Mobile due to lack of updates.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They aren't giving up on it at all. It's actually already been said that it'll get Gingerbread. It might not be the top of the line phone anymore, but it's still number 3 (depending on personal rankings, for me it's the g2x, then mytouch 4g, then galaxy s 4g).

The Desire HD is getting it, so it's a no brainer that this phone will get it too.

Switching carriers because of an update is a little extreme to me. I could see switching manufacturers (especially if I had a Samsung :p ).

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
When every other HTC device is getting Gingerbread update dates... I have noticed absolutely nothing coming out of T-Mobile on the 4G. I know we have been over this many times before.. but I personally think the time has come for T-Mobile to get off the pot and say once and for all what the future is for the 4G. It is obviously not their flagship Andriod phone anymore. My thought is that they are simply letting it die a slow death without any further updates in hopes that we will all give up and buy one of the newer LG, HTC or Samsung phones. Just my opinion and nothing more. I for one, however, will jump ship and move to another carrier before buying another phone from T-Mobile due to lack of updates.

Keep in mind that the MT4G was essentially running Sense 2.0 before any other device in the US. (and most other devices elsewhere as well) It was ahead of the curve, so I'm not shocked that HTC is taking a little bit to push out a Gingerbread update.

Also; please note that the number of 2.2 phones that have been updated to gingerbread can be counted on one hand.

Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean it isn't coming.

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I ran the leaked 2.3.3 ROM for this phone. It's not forgotten its t-mobiles bastardized version of Sense that slowing things up.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]