1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Tracking an IMEI # (phone was stolen)

My mytouch 4g was stolen yesterday. Is it possible to track the phone and recover it using its IMEI #? I have had the phone's SIM card blocked. Please advise. Thank you.

Default Re: Tracking an IMEI # (phone was stolen)

My htc mytouch 4g was stolen last night. I bought the phone more than 2 years ago when I was still living in the states, but now I am in France. I do not have the receipt handy although my mom might be able to find it if I could convince her to look through my boxes, but anyway, the only trace I have of the phone now is the original battery that came with the phone,which recently died and I had to spend weeks searching for the replacement battery since they do not sell this phone in France right now and there for do not have the batteries for it either. Anyhow, I need the serial number in order to block the phone. Is the serial number on the battery the same as the serial number of the phone it came with perhaps ? I tried to log on to my tmobile, but I have not used that account for almost 2 years now since I have been in France and so I have forgotten my login info and the only way they offer to send it to me is to text a temporary password to my phone which was stolen so obviously that is not going to help. I guess I will try calling the fraud departement from my boyfriend's phone... good thing he has unlimitted calls to the U.S. ...