H or H+

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I live in Portland, OR and the city is on T-Mobile's HSPA+ map as fully covered. Still, since I bought my phone, I've never seen on my screen H+ symbol, only H. I even changed the SIM with a brand new one. The speeds that I'm getting in average are 2.7Mbps down and 0.9Mbps up. Are these considered HSPA+ speeds and the phone is not capable to display H+ symbol? What are your phones showing?

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I live in Portland, OR and the city is on T-Mobile's HSPA+ map as fully covered. Still, since I bought my phone, I've never seen on my screen H+ symbol, only H. I even changed the SIM with a brand new one. The speeds that I'm getting in average are 2.7Mbps down and 0.9Mbps up. Are these considered HSPA+ speeds and the phone is not capable to display H+ symbol? What are your phones showing?

Our phones will show "3G" when you're connected to HSPA and "H" when you're connected to HSPA+. There is no "H+" for our phones.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]

pdxrealtor

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I am in pdx also, and I've always gotten about 3 Mb/sec as well.

When I'm just east of the burnside bridge I see 7+ , and today I got 6.7 in beaverton.

I just flashed a new Rom and put in new apns so ill be doing speed tests when I'm out and about.

Sent from my Android

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As "mjneid" said, MT4G does not distinguish between 3G and 4G. This is one thing I am hoping the GB update will fix. I am in Riverside County California in a T-mobile 4G area and the best speed I have gotten is 3 Mbps down. IMO 4G hasn't been fully implemented.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
As "mjneid" said, MT4G does not distinguish between 3G and 4G. This is one thing I am hoping the GB update will fix. I am in Riverside County California in a T-mobile 4G area and the best speed I have gotten is 3 Mbps down. IMO 4G hasn't been fully implemented.

They can't implement it because Android isn't able to tell the difference between HSPA+ and regular HSPA. All it sees is a 3G network, which for the MT4G is displayed as H.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
They can't implement it because Android isn't able to tell the difference between HSPA+ and regular HSPA. All it sees is a 3G network, which for the MT4G is displayed as H.

Sure they can it's just a skin issue. Check out the HTC sensation it shows when you are on 4G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie