MYTOUCH 4G Camera turning on and taking random pictures!! PLEASE HELP!

Carolx3

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi ive had a mytouch 4g since like november and it has never gave me any problems except for now. it has three weeks turning the camera on and taking pictures all by itself no matter if im at the home screen, or anything im doing on my phone it will automatically just turn the camera on and take pictures . to get out i have to click the back button twice and it comes out again and again and again and again and then it stops. until like three minutes later it continues. the only time it doesnt switch to camera mode is when the phone is left alone and its on hold . idk whats wrong please help!

emceephi

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: MYTOUCH 4G Camera turning on and taking random pictures!! PLE

I had this problem once when I was out for a long jog in the sun and using the runkeeper app. My phone was really hot and kept taking pictures so I thought it was maybe overheating. I restarted the phone and the problem went away.

onigiri05

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I have this problem too. It will take like 10 pictures in a few seconds and once i close the app it will come back on on and do it all over again. has anyone found a solution?

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

you cameras should not be turning on and taking pictures by itself. There is nothing in the coding that would make this happen. Have you downloaded any rouge apps. or any pirated .apks recently?

Hollia

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm experiencing the same issue with the camera randomly turning on, consecutively taking one pic after another, etc. Pressing the back button numerous times to exit only temporarily helps. So, I went to Settings-Applications-Running Services and tried Force Closing the camera, but that didn't seem to have any effect - the camera simply launched itself and whole issue start all over again. I reset the phone to the factory default, but that didn't help. Later, I decided to format/erase my SD card AND reset the phone to the factory default, but still no change. I'm at a loss as to how to proceed and web searches to find the solution have yielded little to no results. Have any of you found the answer/solution, yet?

ana_g

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

My phone takes pictures on it's own. Camera is starting when phone is unlocked and just starting taking a picture after picture. If I press the back button, I exit the camera app, but within 5 second it starts taking pictures all over again!

I own a Droid 2, my third one (first one - cracked screen, second - part of the display stopped responding to the touch). A few hours ago my phone started acting up while I was texting. I took the battery out twice, but that didn't fix it. Naturally, I started google-ing solutions - so far nobody was able to solve this. Interesting part is that it that many users had experience the same problem, but they use different phones (HTC, Droid X and etc). So I am thinking it's more software related, since the same problem exists amongst different phones made by different manufacturers. My Android version is the most current (2.4, but my phone doesn't see a more current verson though 2.5 is out..). I did have a little but of water on it today, so I put it in rice and I am going to try again tomorrow.

Please help if anybody has a solution to this.

khalizwag619

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

MY mytouch 4g starting to do the same thing ..please tell me if the rice remedy works..thanks

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Created an account solely to give this answer. Dealt with it for the last 5 months and searched in vain myself for a solution ever since. I dropped it on the floor this morning (no breakage), and battery had popped out. When I went to fit it back together I caught sight of my Q-Tips on my dormroom desk shelf and decided why not give it a dust up? Two words: Black. Grease. I don't know what it was but it came off with the Q-Tip. Took out the SD card and the Sim card and did the same. I put it back together, and now it's 4 hours later and I've created this account and typed this all up completely without incident.

---------- Post Merged at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I hope this works for everyone.

Bimmm

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lenovo S720 and yesterday it just started having this problem, just out of the blue.:'( Has anyone else with the same problem ever get to solve theirs? How???

timorous

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had similar problems with my LG5 II. Sometimes it automatically starts the camera app (even while in my pocket), and making noises. I can use the back button to get out of it, then go and delete the rogue pictures. At other times, it's turned on airplane mode and gps at random. It also has automatically sent gibberish messages to one of my contacts (again while in my pocket). I suspect it's been hacked somehow. I should also note that I haven't downloaded any apps..just the ones it came with, and I make sure there's only the basic necessary apps running. I also haven't visited any suspicious websites. I finally got tired of this crap, so I did a factory reset. So far, no problems...

It could be that the phone was trying to update its software, which may have an undetected bug in it. I noticed the software update app was running after one of these incidents. I'm stumped... :|

thank_God

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
i'm having this problem right about now, it started this morning actually... and i think i know what is wrong...
i'm guessing the camera button at the bottom right side of the phone is stuck such that it keeps sending the signal to the phone's processor as if it is being pressed... i have a windows 8 theme which when i am using,, the camera button does not function... i just took the phone apart and realised the camera button isnt linked to the board in a way that i can pull it out easily... so i am going to cut the cable linking to the button in question and hopefully, it should stop giving me that problem.. so henceforth, to activate the camera, i'd have to open it in my menu....O:):cool:

thank_God

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
ok so i have cut the cable from the camera button to the phone's board and bingo!!! it has stopped.. turns out i was right.... victory came at a cost though... no more camera button...