Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any news about Nexus 7 (2014)/Nexus 8???

I don't mind the specs. What i really want to know is the release date.
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505

Global Posts
    1,588 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Any news about Nexus 7 (2014)/Nexus 8???

I don't believe there will be a Nexus 8...per say. Rumor has it that Google will end the Nexus line and go with "Google Silver."

Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    I don't mind the specs. What i really want to know is the release date.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I don't believe there will be a Nexus 8...per say. Rumor has it that Google will end the Nexus line and go with "Google Silver."
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. ((((
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

On the podcast last week, Jerry said that he would listen to the rumors about a Nexus 8.9 made by HTC.

ROM
    Viper

There will be a Nexus 8 this year if all the rumors are to be believed. It will also be the last Nexus tablet if rumors are to be believed.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    On the podcast last week, Jerry said that he would listen to the rumors about a Nexus 8.9 made by HTC.
    Yea, saw that. In my opinion Jerry has inside Info from Google about it since he started off saying "No Comment" as the official rely to the question. Then Jerry worded it so that he only said to pay attention to THOSE HTC 8.9" rumors.

I have the old 2012 Nexus 7 (wi-fi only) that I traveled with every day tethered to my old phone with a 4.3" screen. However, after my new 5" Nexus 5 the screen was big enough to leave the N7 at home and skip the tethering stuff. Now I would have to have a bigger screen on the Nexus 7 to buy a new one since the old 2012 Nexus 7 is still running good that mainly gets use when I travel on the weekend and don't want to lug the laptop with me.

This is the rumor that got me thinking is the 2014 Nexus tablet could feature an Intel Bay Trail-T processor, and rumors suggest Google's next tablet could feature a resolution bump of 2560 x 1600.

What's more, this purported partnership slots in perfectly with HTC's plans to "disrupt" the traditional design of tablets and smartwatches. In February, we also heard that HTC had won the rights to produce a "high-end" Nexus tablet.

A Nexus 8 tablet has been said to arrive by mid-2014, which corroborates with the new details from the upstream supply sources. What little else we know is the tablet could feature an Intel Bay Trail-T processor, and rumors suggest Google's next tablet could feature a resolution bump of 2560 x 1600. Google may be tapping HTC to build premium 8-inch Nexus tablet | News | TechRadar
    Then read this. Intel is launching at least 9 new Bay Trail-T chips for tablets

Intel will need to get to the Moorefield quad core if it will be in the Nexus tablet. I just see tablets going to 64bit soon since that is Androids next turn. I also think Media Teck that is already powering some 32bit Android phones could hit the street in the new Nexus Tablet. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...wc-2014-487675
    Last edited by Shilohcane; 05-05-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    479 Global Posts

I have a feeling I'm going to be holding on to my N7 for quite a while. I'm holding out hopes for a silver device made by Sony and don't want to get one by someone else and then have a Sony one appear out of nowhere

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Just so long as it's not being made by Asus again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air