Nexus 9 is rumored to have 5GB of RAM!

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I was only expecting 3GB of RAM but the recent rumors the new Nexus 9 will have 5GB of RAM so that means the high end games, Apps will load up ridiculously very fast and multitasking will be better than ever before.

Nexus 9 specs leak points to unbelievably impressive slate | News | TechRadar
Nexus 9 tablet 'to include 64-bit processor, 5GB of RAM' - Tech News - Digital Spy
HTC Volantis (Nexus 9) will be the best Android tablet, acccording to rumors and leaks [Update] - AndroidPIT

Especially with the 64 Bit CPU instead of 32 bit!

But i think 5GB is too much for a Android tablet at the moment(might not in 2/3 years) because the Apps are not pushing the RAM to the full/limit even with 3GB of RAM.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it is great and i love using it.

But i won't get the new Nexus 9 because i have already have one of the best Android(Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4) tablets out there today and i am likely the new next gen full size Ipad(Air 2) when it comes out in October/November to add to my tablet experience along side my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and my 11.6 inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) because of the IOS experience and has better apps and better for productivity use and the bigger sceen and will be my 1st ever Ipad.

If the Nexus 9 is going to have 5GB of RAM so it should have multi window to make use of the 5GB of RAM!

Anyway the Nexus 9 will be a beast of the tablet when it "might" come out. :)
Rumors is rumors so you never know.

What do you think everyone? Do you want get the new Nexus 9 when it comes out? Do you think 5GB of RAM is a bit too much in a Android tablet at the moment and way before its time?

I am very happy and perfectly fine with 2 GB of RAM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. :)

Last edited:

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It's only my opinion, but 5GB RAM is like taking an RPG to go turkey shooting. My G3 with 3GB RAM is more than enough and the 2GB RAM in my Nexus 7 has never let me down.

Posted via Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Think of it this way. A Byte consists of eight bits. A 32 bit CPU's instruction word size is 4 Bytes. A 64 bit CPU's executable instruction word size is 8 Bytes.

A 64 bit CPU is going to require more memory than a 32 bit CPU just because of the CPU instruction word size of 64 bits. Don't compare the memory size of a 32 bit CPU's performances to the new performance requirements we will need with a 64 bit CPU.

Last edited:

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
More ram might be a parts availability thing. Recently a number of embedded systems have started shipping with larger (4GB or more) of memory. This was not the vendor trying to increase the capability, but rather the availability of 2 GB or smaller memory chips is dropping off because of lack of demand. The memory makers are targeting 4GB as the "sweet" spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca