Another HTC O2 rendering...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If they got rid of the black bar, I think that would be a step in the right direction.

agreed ... and all these renders are gonna just build our hopes and set an possible bat that HTC will never live up to.

I'm excited to see if that 6" display rumor is true. if they don't go overboard with sense, pack in a decent battery along with that 820, and of course, finally get rid of that black bar.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If HTC ignores the free marketing/panel opinions shown in about every online forum that I have visited about what needs to happen with their next phone then they will indeed flop.

Two things I have heard loud and clear is:

[*] No black bar (seen as wasted space to most)
[*] Camera needs to work. Period.

I like the renderings that make it a grillless speaker design, smooth glass front. The renderings for the M9 that we were all in love with was very very similar to this silver one and lusting after one. Then the true M9 dropped and I was repulsed at what was offered. I don't have a One of any generation so I don't know what I am missing if I don't get "Boomsound" so its not high on my list. I wish to have a 64 bit system that efficiently uses 4GB of onboard Ram with no silly memory managment monkey business.

Take some design chances HTC. There is a ton of information out here in these forums. A lot of it are from knuckleheads like me; but when opinions start gelling and forming an idea it would be silly not to evaluate it.

I am hoping this is "The One" that changes HTC direction from stodgy repetitive designs to something a little more innovative. Ground breaking would be nice but man, what is left that can be done to phones? I would be happy with something that looks VERY close (not much wiggle room here) to the renderings and has a solid, fairly bug free environment.

Here is to hoping! *beer*

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not too thrilled about the idea of a 6" device. If they are doing a dual release like Samsung (S6, and N5) that would be fine. Dual front speakers are nice, but not a requirement. Not thrilled about the power button moved back to the top, but, if they incorporate the double tap to wake, and keep the ability to add a screen off button in the Nav bar, that will negate the button placement.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Why do people dislike power on top; it a question I would like to understand? Its actually a human factor that I don't understand. The top is where I prefer it and the headphone jack. The way I hold my phone; power on the side would be an annoyance to me. I would love to have some of the newer features like double tap a hand wave or something to wake it.

6" is something I am not overly sure of one way or the other. I have the DNA which is 5" and seems fine maybe if on the smaller size of phones as of late. If HTC packages it all together well (like Samsung and NOT iPhone 6) then bezels should be small and nondescript. My worry about 6" screen is a battery hog that will require me to reduce brightness and other things in order to have a usable battery life. To me, having to charge before 24hours and 15% left is not a good direction and power hogging options that cause that are not overly desirable.

Touting 4K is magazine racing and I am not overly convinced that it brings that much usefulness. Heck if I want a screen clarification upgrade I just put on my reading glasses! *rimshot* :)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Rumors are that o2 will come in both 5"and 6" models.

6" rumored to have 4000 mAh battery.

not sure where it went, one of the mods played around with the threads, but I posted this last week.

http://www.gsmdome.com/htcs-next-sm...nd-waterproof-certification-might-be-included

I'm not buying it though, way to similar to @evleaks render last year and just seems way to good to be true. that's a lot to live up to, and at the rate we're going, and direction we're heading, I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

it's too bad though, cause other than it not running stock, it's THE perfect phone for me ... I'd be all over the 6" version

and since it'll be one of, if not the first flagship with the 820, all eyes will be on HTC next year. they have a gigantic opportunity and I really hope they take advantage.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am still going to be faithful. This is my last hope that they will get it right and Ill keep my hopes up. I am not guaranteeing I am buying though. I will wait and see if they get close to renders. If so; happy dance.

If not....guess I have to get serious in looking at other vendors where people are ecstatic to get 18 hours of use out of a battery.... :-S

HTC should know by now that the renders (the on on this page and Evleaks) is what we the consumer desire in how a phone looks. That open faced grill is so 80's. LOL!

There IS opportunity...one just has to take advantage of it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Why do people dislike power on top; it a question I would like to understand? Its actually a human factor that I don't understand. The top is where I prefer it and the headphone jack. The way I hold my phone; power on the side would be an annoyance to me. I would love to have some of the newer features like double tap a hand wave or something to wake it.

6" is something I am not overly sure of one way or the other. I have the DNA which is 5" and seems fine maybe if on the smaller size of phones as of late. If HTC packages it all together well (like Samsung and NOT iPhone 6) then bezels should be small and nondescript. My worry about 6" screen is a battery hog that will require me to reduce brightness and other things in order to have a usable battery life. To me, having to charge before 24hours and 15% left is not a good direction and power hogging options that cause that are not overly desirable.

Touting 4K is magazine racing and I am not overly convinced that it brings that much usefulness. Heck if I want a screen clarification upgrade I just put on my reading glasses! *rimshot* :)

I liked power on top when phones were small enough to reach it easily, but with devices getting so large it's a pain to get to. My opinion anyway.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. So the no power on top is kinda a one handed operation desire.

If it comes out anything like that leaks, I could handle power on the side as long as it wasn't easy to activate/bump.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Give me the 5" version. And I might be in a minority, but I LIKE HTC Sense. It minimalist, and works well for me. Give me 4 gb of RAM, a decent/good battery, 32+gb of Storage, all metal, decent camera (NOT a priority to me, since I use Nikon for real photos).

Rumors are that o2 will come in both 5"and 6" models.

6" rumored to have 4000 mAh battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01