HTC Battery Life Claims

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
On Twitter, HTC says that battery life will "easily" get you through a day. I am curious to see that.

8308cd5321cc41064ba291f1b36c7c24.jpg

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Several reviews are out and they all claim bad battery life. Still, I want to test it for myself as I turn a lot of junk off, don't subscribe to newsfeed, Facebook, Tweeter, etc., nor do I web surf a lot. I read a lot of complaints about the M7's battery, but the way I have mine set up I get outstanding life out of it.

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is one of the most frustrating aspects to try to understand before purchasing- I've seen reviews where the battery life is viewed as a strength of the A9 and others where it is described as terrible.

theNdroid

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Battery life reviews are all subjective because everyone uses different settings and quite a lot plays a factor. Many people have different brightness preferences, use different apps, may or my not watch videos and music, may or may not connect an Android Wear device (Bluetooth on or off), and lastly may or may not rely on location services. These are things that play a major factor in battery life along with keeping the Wi-Fi on or off (and allowing Google to scan for Wi-Fi connections even when Wi-Fi is off).

Everyone's battery life will be different depending on what you do with your phone. I purchased the Garnett color for $399.99 and if the battery life isn't up to par for my personal needs, then I'll return it and get a Galaxy S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Battery life reviews are all subjective because everyone uses different settings and quite a lot plays a factor. Many people have different brightness preferences, use different apps, may or my not watch videos and music, may or may not connect an Android Wear device (Bluetooth on or off), and lastly may or may not rely on location services. These are things that play a major factor in battery life along with keeping the Wi-Fi on or off (and allowing Google to scan for Wi-Fi connections even when Wi-Fi is off).

Everyone's battery life will be different depending on what you do with your phone. I purchased the Garnett color for $399.99 and if the battery life isn't up to par for my personal needs, then I'll return it and get a Galaxy S6.

You forgot a big one. Gaming. A lot of people game and that drains the battery life like crazy. I never game so comparing the battery life to someone that does is a waste of time.

Dachillefx

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

I purchased the Garnett color as well. Hope it comes out soon. Website says later in the year. I purchased the one with black faceplate. I'm hoping battery is as good as m8 at least.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have a S6 + and i dont do any social media on it and no gaming and the battery on it is worse i've seen since the Evo 3D.
Remember the A9 will run Android M which has Doze and that alone will is a big improvment on battery life.

http://www.androidcentral.com/checking-out-doze-android-m-developer-preview

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it is bad, and so a deal breaker for me right at this moment. Also the price upgrade to $499 is stupid on the part of HTC.

jmkhenka

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
that comment on twitter regarding battery is a cut'n'paste response, i got the exact same from HTC.

They know the battery is small and, sure, when not using it for intensive stuff it lasts - but tbh phones are meant to be used. Even badly optimized phones get great battery life (esp when playing games etc) from larger batteries, standby might be worse then A9 but otoh stand by is something feature phones from 2001 did good.

I want a phone that i can take of the carger at 7 and use now and then all day and still know that i can go out party later. A day dont end at 16:00 for me. Right now my M8 have around 50% left at 17:00 and i can, with battery saver when it gets lower, get 2 days with no problem. This phone forces me to carry battery pack (and a quickcharge one at that, no point toting it along if it takes 2-3 hours to charge).

Also a small battery will wear out faster, it will consume more cycles charging all the time - 2-3 cycles a day is not good for any battery not unless you want to have a usable phone after 6 months.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've read more than a dozen reviews about the A9. Some of the reviews have said the battery is better than the numbers would suggest, others said the battery is terrible. My guess is that it'll get you through the day with average use, but not much more. Is that enough? That depends entirely on how you use your phone. For a lot of people that will be fine. I have no issue charging every night and even occasionally before the end of an especially heavy use day, so I think it'll work for me.

I think the bottom line is that this clearly isn't a phone for a power user who is constantly on their phone or throwing heavy games at it often, from the battery to the CPU to the GPU it wasn't built for that.

This isn't really a follow-up to the M9, so trying to compare specs with it doesn't make a lot of sense. People waiting for a continuation of the M7/M8/M9 line should be waiting for HTC's next flagship early in 2016, I don't think the A9 was built to satisfy those needs, this is HTC trying something different.

Obviously HTC could have made a lot of different decisions in design, including the battery, but for better or worse they had a specific plan for this phone, and that included thinness being prioritized over battery size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech