Launcher question

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving my A9, and the HTC Sense launcher seems to do everything cleanly. Is there anything to gain by using another launcher like NOVA?

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Launchers like Nova will give you a lot more customability than a stock launcher usually will. If you like how your phone is now they aren't necessary but if you like to tinker with the way your phone looks and behaves it's definitely worth giving a try.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Launchers like Nova will give you a lot more customability than a stock launcher usually will. If you like how your phone is now they aren't necessary but if you like to tinker with the way your phone looks and behaves it's definitely worth giving a try.

Appreciate that. I'm still getting used to Android after being on WP for years.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
They're really versatile....I use Apex, which is similar to Nova, and with it I've been able to add custom icons, change the grid size of my homescreen, change the way my app drawer looks, add some gesture controls, hide apps that I don't use so they don't appear in the app drawer, and remove the Google search bar and bottom dock from my homescreen, just to name a few.

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
it's not gone totally but it's being phased out. The phones comes with it but u can only add like 5 content choices. Bad move by HTC

It looks like you can work through News Republic to get more content but it is definitely different.

I also have a Note 5 and XDA has a whole thread on running blinkfeed on any Android phone and I have it up and running quite easily and it works just like the old Blinkfeed. So I have to go to my Note 5 to get good Blinkfeed. How is this even a possibility?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you can work through News Republic to get more content but it is definitely different.

I also have a Note 5 and XDA has a whole thread on running blinkfeed on any Android phone and I have it up and running quite easily and it works just like the old Blinkfeed. So I have to go to my Note 5 to get good Blinkfeed. How is this even a possibility?
As of this morning after the update. This is what my BF looks like Screenshot_20160128-083741.jpg
I've seen the xda article and have tried to install the launcher and apks but it doesn't work

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've seen the xda article and have tried to install the launcher and apks but it doesn't work
On my Note 5 I had to remove the News Republic app as it caused a conflict. I don't know or if that will help in your case since you are trying it on an actual HTC phone

Pat Glennon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I had been using Nova on my M7, but I've not considered it with my A9. I am really fond of the stock. So far at least.

Additionally, I updated this morning and my blinkfeed is working without an issue.

Pat Glennon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How to install what?

Nova? Just like any other app.
The update? If there's an update available for you it'll be in Settings -> About -> Software Updates

ChiefJaguar

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I have a launcher question.
I frequently switch between Nova and Action Launcher 3, but are they running at the same time? Do I need to stop one when using the other?