Coming from G4, A9 or M9+?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I am very happy with my G4 but I want to return to HTC, I just can't live without their UI and metal casing.
What is a better choice?
A9 which is newer but screen is smaller or the M9+ which has a bad camera but a very good screen QHD + 5.2''?
I sold my M9 because I had sometimes trouble reading text as I have some astigmatism, is the Amoled screen of the A9 better for text reading or I should definitely take the M9+?

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Are you accustomed to having a blazing fast processor? If so you might want to consider the M9+. I don't game much but even still I sometimes notice lag in scrolling and in app transitions on my A9. I came from a OnePlus One with an SD801. The G4 has an SD808 so the SD617 in the A9 would be a bit of a decrease in processing power. Just something to consider along with the display issues you mentioned.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you accustomed to having a blazing fast processor? If so you might want to consider the M9+. I don't game much but even still I sometimes notice lag in scrolling and in app transitions on my A9. I came from a OnePlus One with an SD801. The G4 has an SD808 so the SD617 in the A9 would be a bit of a decrease in processing power. Just something to consider along with the display issues you mentioned.

Well having a powerful GPU is not always resulting with faster UI, the G4 had some lags and was certainly a bit slower than the M9 I had.
HTC is known to build the best smooth Android UI even on not so powerfull specs, though what I wanted to know is for someone who has some troubles with his vision due to astigmatism if the amoled screen with its higher contrast is better or the M9+ with its bigger and higher PPI is better

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I have terrible astigmatism in my right eye (corrected by contact lenses) and the AMOLED screen on the A9 is marvelous. I just wish it was brighter.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Good to know :)
The M9 screen was not good due to poor contrast, I remember the S6 screen text was much sharper than the M9 thanks to the amoled deep blacks, poor contrast can do white ''bleeding'' for us astigmatic people