Phone getting hot while charging

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This certainly happens on all of my devices at some point. Quick charging will definitely generate more heat. Using the phone while charging it will also cause more heat. Are either of these the case for you?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
This certainly happens on all of my devices at some point. Quick charging will definitely generate more heat. Using the phone while charging it will also cause more heat. Are either of these the case for you?
. Yes I was using it while it charged. Does the A9 feature fast charge ?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As others here have stated, if you're using your phone while it's charging, it could become hotter. I've experienced this on most of my devices; so I try not to use it while it's charging. Being in another room helps me greatly. ;)

How hot is "hot," by the way?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
As others here have stated, if you're using your phone while it's charging, it could become hotter. I've experienced this on most of my devices; so I try not to use it while it's charging. Being in another room helps me greatly. ;)

How hot is "hot," by the way?
I'm not sure exactly , I'll DL a battery app to tell me the temp when it happens again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've read elsewhere that the A9 does not come with a quick charger in the box--you have to get your own. So presumably, you have a standard charger.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah had no 2.0 markings on it. I figured it was a normal charger

Interestingly, I have one of the HTC quick charges. On the charger, there is nothing as big as the 2.0 shown in the picture. I does show it in the very tiny printing with all the other logos and junk. The charger itself is quite a bit larger than the standard, so that is some indication. Also, the output is 1.67 vs. 1.5 on the one with the phone.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly, I have one of the HTC quick charges. On the charger, there is nothing as big as the 2.0 shown in the picture. I does show it in the very tiny printing with all the other logos and junk. The charger itself is quite a bit larger than the standard, so that is some indication. Also, the output is 1.67 vs. 1.5 on the one with the phone.
I'll have to check

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz