HTC One A9 can no longer see any media

komic84

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had a search through the forums and found similar problems but I'm having no joy fixing this.

I plugged in my phone on my work computer yesterday to charge it and since then I can't see any of my pictures in gallery or any of my music in google player.

I've gone through the phone and deleted all .nomedia files but still no change, the files are all still there on the mounted SD card but gallery can't see them. I downloaded a seperate music player and scanned device and it can't see my music either, even tried deleting all music and putting it back on using HTC sync manager at home but no change.

Just wanted to check before I do it that a factory reset isn't the only way forward.

Thank you for any help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are all files in question on the SD card, and not in Internal Storage? The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

komic84

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I've checked the SD card using the the app and it's a legit card. I can't unmount the card as the only option is to format as portable which I don't want to do.

I've backed up photos anyway and if I take new pictures with the camera they do appear in the gallery but none of my old pictures will and any music I transfer to it won't show up in the player.

komic84

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I think that's the way I'm headed, I've got a spare evening tonight so I'll get it done.

Were you able to copy old images back on to the phone and have them show in your gallery or did you just start afresh?

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I did try to do that after trying the steps in that other thread, it didn't work for me. New pictures taken with the camera showed up but not other images copied in. My patience is thin with this phone so hitting the Factory Reset button felt good. lol

komic84

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I meant after you'd done the reset, were you able to then put your old pics back on or is it not possible to have the gallery pick them back up?

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
After the reset was finished I copied everything back into their respective folders and the Gallery app saw everything as normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie