Pokemon Go causing my htc one a9 to crash?

A

AC Question

Hey fellow a9 users! so, i got my a9 this month and have downloaded Pokemon Go about 2 weeks ago. It was alright initially. I started getting this random crashes since yesterday. I'm really not sure whether its the app thats causing it to crash, or something in the phones software or the phone itself. Could really use the help guys. thanks!

mymouthisfullofbees

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I experienced similar crashes when playing Pokémon Go and traced the problem to a larger fault with the A9 that occurs whenever the device is using GPS and the screen goes to sleep. This includes all GPS apps; I've reproduced the crash on Google Maps, Ingress, and a couple other apps that do not use the Google Maps API. I've heard from other A9 users that they have similar problems, but have not as of yet fired an E-mail off to HTC asking if they're aware of the problem and have any intention of fixing it. I have not as of yet tried putting a custom ROM on my phone to see if that solves the issue.

My stop-gap solution was to set my screen timeout to 10-15 minutes only when I'm playing the game, and use Pokémon Go's built in battery saver mode to keep power consumption down while I was out walking/Pokémon hunting.

Hope this helps.

Diana Montoya

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I experienced similar crashes when playing Pokémon Go and traced the problem to a larger fault with the A9 that occurs whenever the device is using GPS and the screen goes to sleep. This includes all GPS apps; I've reproduced the crash on Google Maps, Ingress, and a couple other apps that do not use the Google Maps API. I've heard from other A9 users that they have similar problems, but have not as of yet fired an E-mail off to HTC asking if they're aware of the problem and have any intention of fixing it. I have not as of yet tried putting a custom ROM on my phone to see if that solves the issue.

My stop-gap solution was to set my screen timeout to 10-15 minutes only when I'm playing the game, and use Pokémon Go's built in battery saver mode to keep power consumption down while I was out walking/Pokémon hunting.

Hope this helps.

Hi...I have the same problem with the A9 playing Pokemon Go, when the screen goes off my phone restarts without any reason. I don't understand what is going on...2GB ram is not enough ? I think that HTC should have some customer's service where we can write this problem that is giving us a hard time.

dot1165

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I just joined the boards because I saw this post and it is exactly what is happening to me. I just bought an A9 from Sprint yesterday and it is showing this exact behavior. After using Pokemon Go and then going to the home screen and waiting for screen time out, the phone does a restart every single time without fail. I've been sending error reports to HTC, but I don't feel like that is accomplishing anything. Not sure if I should take it back to Sprint if this is a known problem that has existed with the A9 since release.

dot1165

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My problem is solved! Turns out Sprint sold me an A9 that was still running the unpatched firmware...I noticed that it needed the system update to the version released early this year so I let it do the update and now Pokemon Go works great, used it at the zoo all day no crashes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney