HTC really, really wants to go bankrupt.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Enter the new A9s, which will be almost the same, look more like an iPhone, and cost more. Wow, what are they smoking in Taiwan? Make the changes, give it a bigger battery, and LOWER the price to $350/$399. Don't charge a premium for what is a mid range phone. Jeez, I hate this, I love HTC phones, and I hate to see them constantly shooting themselves in the foot with stupid decisions. /Rant over.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I think this is part of the problem here. This mindset is killing HTC. How do you figure it cost more than the iPhone? Current HTC One A9 costs $430 USD, full price. The 16GB iPhone 6S full price is $650 USD. That's a $220 USD price difference. We're only comparing newest available right now. The two year standard contact with monthly payment for a phone is about $27/mo for the 16GB iPhone 6s, and given the price difference, the HTC One A9 would be $15-$20/mo. I don't think the A9 is overpriced for what it is, people just expect too much and if it isn't there then it had to be mid range. At the end of the day, HTC will go under because people with this mindset won't buy their phones.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree, they still remember the "Glory Days" of the M7 and being the Big Dog on the block. Well fellers, that day is long gone. An A9s at $399 with decent specs (not bleeding edge), good RAM and storage (32gb+) would be great. I love HTC, my last four phones have been HTC, I ordered an M10 the day I could do so, I want HTC to survive.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
HTC thinks they have the brand power. Good luck.

HTC needs to look over their shoulder at what Huawei released back in July and is now on sell in the USA for $399. The 32gb model Honor 8. I have a HTC A9 which is OK but cannot compair to the Honor 8. Try one and I bet you like it.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
HTC needs to look over their shoulder at what Huawei released back in July and is now on sell in the USA for $399. The 32gb model Honor 8. I have a HTC A9 which is OK but cannot compair to the Honor 8. Try one and I bet you like it.

Funny, I was just reading a review on the H 8. It said the hardware was fantastic but the software absolutely sucked! After the read, I'd take you up on that bet. Sounds really behind the times.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I've played with an Honor 8. It's really pretty and feels nice but as Roosterman says, the software is just flat out horrible. Even with the Google Now Launcher it was just unpleasant. Granted, 10 minutes of playing with it in the store wasn't really "fair" but I was a consumer that was shopping for a phone and I passed - I think my experience is a typical consumer experience.

Last edited:

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I recently bought the 10 from HTC online. Had it before, sold it, wanted it again. Have the A9 as well. Solid phone. Here is the pricing problem with HTC. New 10, $550. New A9, $430, M8, $400. Why on earth would you still charge $400 for a 2 year (going on 3 year) old flagship? The M9 is on there for $300. M8 should be $275 at most. You can get one mint condition on eBay for $110. Makes no sense. If you sold the A9 for $300 like the M9, you'd move some product. Instead, for $120 more I can buy your latest/greatest flagship.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Funny, I was just reading a review on the H 8. It said the hardware was fantastic but the software absolutely sucked! After the read, I'd take you up on that bet. Sounds really behind the times.

I own both-- A9 and H8. For me it's the H8 hands down. I like the EMUI software and look forward to the H8 update to EMUI 5.0 (and android Nugget). The A9 is still on Android 6.0.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I own both-- A9 and H8. For me it's the H8 hands down. I like the EMUI software and look forward to the H8 update to EMUI 5.0 (and android Nugget). The A9 is still on Android 6.0.

You seem to blast A9 for being on 6.0. So if you're looking forward to updating to "android nugget", what is it running? Cuz, surprisingly, I'm also looking forward to the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol