HTC One (E8) price point: $450?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thats assuming its in line with China's price and even makes it to US shores. Which would be silly if they didn't ship it here. Even sprint got the new mid range Desire 8something lol

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thats assuming its in line with China's price and even makes it to US shores. Which would be silly if they didn't ship it here. Even sprint got the new mid range Desire 8something lol

All great points. Still wishing for the $450 price tag personally! :p

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I won mine, through sprints holiday giveaway. I was going for the note 4. Can't complain free phone 😃. But it will most likely end up in my girlfriends hands. We both currently have Galaxy S3's. I really want an S5 but the LG G3 looks very nice too. I'm not against HTC but I don't like the overall layout of the OS on them. Much more difficult to use and not as simple as a Samsung. What pissed me off the most. Is I won a phone (got it three weeks ago, still in its box un-activated) that wasn't even released yet. No cases for it, no reveiws on it. Nothing. Although I found a case on Amazon. Since they sell unlocked international phones. I thought I could trade/sell it to Sprint for something I actually wanted. Unfortunately I knew I'd end up on a contract again. They offered me $50. Yeah 😢 I was like dafuq? They sell it for $500 although the Sprint email said it was valued at $650. I knew I'd get much less. But $50 was a freaking insult. It was un-used un-opened in the box. And all they would give was $50. I know I got it free. But I was so close to smashing it in the store. They said it's value depended on how wanted the phone was, and being that it just came out, of course no one even knew it existed. Even several sprint workers didn't know or see it before (this was a week before it was actually released). Upside is had I activated it. I would of been 1 of 10 people to actually have this version of the one. In all of the united states.

But unfortunately I cannot tell anyone if it's worthit or not. I'm hesitant to use it. And if it's a failure, I lowered it's value, because it's now used and not brand new. I did look at it though. And you can't really browse it, it automatically tries to activate upon powering on. I did mess with one in the store. Now that they have them. It's identical to the M8 as far as how everything is laid out. You even get the Harmon Kardon music software. But you lose yhe IR blaster, some internal memory, the dual camera, and metal body. Both this phone and the M8 are good phones no doubt. But I'm not really impressed. The S5 takes 4k video on its 16 mp rear camera. Does everything an M8 can and then some. Along with water and dust resistance. The LG G3 has a much larger screen 3gb ram and a standard 32gb built in storage. Can take 4k video. And has a 4k 5.5" screen. I would pic either of those over this phone....if I had the money 😔
one thing I noticed in store, as far as sprint spark goes. The M8, S5, and LG G3 all had 4g going. The E8 is also Sprint Spark capable. But was stuck on 3g. I checked and the settings were set to cdma/lte yet it took me 20 mins of adjusting the phone, before the 4g actually kicked in. 5 mins later the 3g was back. All other phones kept a strong 4g signal. So either it was a poor demo phone. Or this version gets a ****ty signal.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital