Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC One E8 for Newbies

alaskham01

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC One E8 for Newbies

I will not lie; I am not a true techie when it comes to phones or devices. Not from lack of interest, but from lack of time. With a full time job, 2 young kids, a husband, a house, an engaging family and community, I really have only used my phone for the basics - calls, texts, camera, email and web. But I always felt like I was missing out on what I could really do with the device.

As a course developer, I liked to change phones every few years so that I was able to write new hire scenarios based on real life examples with a device. I have had them all - Palm, Blackberry, Android, iPhone. A few years back I had the HTC Epic, and that was the first phone that I felt was "mine". So when I was asked to try out the HTC One E8 I jumped at the chance to spread my wings on a new device, and this time test our limits.

I started using the phone on Monday of this week, oddly enough my last device I dropped two days before and the screen cracked, so it was perfect timing, and I had to head first into the device.

As I explore this device over the next 6 weeks, I’ll focus on a different part of the device each week.This week; it is how I got it set up and started using it. My first impressions from this week are:

1) That was the easiest set up of a phone I have had. Perhaps it was because I was familiar with the HTC style, but I had my email accounts, my social media accounts, and my applications up and running that day. And the whole over the air transferring content from one phone to the other boggled my mind.

2) It is a bit larger than the phones I have had before, I like a phone I can fit in my pocket (yes, I know – how silly) but when you have lots to carry every little bit helps. That being said it is very light and thin, so fits into the purse well.

3)The power saving mode that helps get 30 more hours on 10% battery will be a life saver for this gal who forgets to plug things in and then finds herself out of battery at the worst possible time.

Next week I want to learn more about the camera, I take lots of pictures and video – and plan to use it at an open mic jam I go to.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices; therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee