Who's getting this?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Who is getting this bad boy and what do you think will be different about it (other than stock android). Different camera or button layout perhaps?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, if not for the fact I already bought the One, I probably won't and will wait for the Note 3 announcement and hope word of an HTC phablet leak out before that phone is released as I miss the larger display I had with the Note 2. However, had I known about this phone I would have waited and not gotten the at&t version.

But, if the HTC One GE comes out in black, with 64gb storage, and has the standard button layout (back, home, multi-tasking) then I will be tough not to sell my One now and pony up the difference in price, especially if battery life is improved with stock.

Though I'm really hoping for an HTC phablet later this year. An HTC designed phone with a snapdragon 800, 5.5-6" HD screen screen and boom sound would be the ultimate multimedia phone.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I probably will stick with my phone, and chances are they will have the build for a Sprint phone shortly after it gets dumped. I think it's a great thing though!

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, I can't buy anything right now unless I pay the ETF on my att contract and I go to tmobile a little earlier than I thought.

I'm tired of att and am going tmobile. I have no clue how this google edition will work with tmobile network, because didn't HTC say that the unlocked HTC one isn't going to work on tmobile 1700 frequency bands or whatever?

And by the time I can get this phone, it might not be worth it over just waiting for whatever next.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can't buy anything right now unless I pay the ETF on my att contract and I go to tmobile a little earlier than I thought.

I'm tired of att and am going tmobile. I have no clue how this google edition will work with tmobile network, because didn't HTC say that the unlocked HTC one isn't going to work on tmobile 1700 frequency bands or whatever?

And by the time I can get this phone, it might not be worth it over just waiting for whatever next.

Since this will (presumably) be unlocked, you could buy it and use it on AT&T then switch to T-Mobile once you can pay the ETF. You do not have to pay the ETF to switch phones. I phone hop all the time, and since you want to switch to T-Mobile, buying the phone first and then switching later would help spread out the cost of what would be a very expensive move.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I might, but only if it includes all the nifty Sense features. It probably won't though, so I will most likely just buy the regular One and not the G.E. One.

Posted via Android Central App

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I might, but only if it includes all the nifty Sense features. It probably won't though, so I will most likely just buy the regular One and not the G.E. One.

If it had all of the sense features then it would just be a regular HTC one. Lol.

Posted from the AC app

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
If it had all of the sense features then it would just be a regular HTC one. Lol.

Posted from the AC app

No, stock android with the camera features and other good features. It only needs to have the important features, not every single Sense feature.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty happy with my current one that's already rooted with clean Rom and bulletproof kernel. Im ok with a sense based Rom so id just be recreating the wheel.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
But, if the HTC One GE comes out in black, with 64gb storage, and has the standard button layout (back, home, multi-tasking) then I will be tough not to sell my One now and pony up the difference in price

This for sure. If they go with the standard button layout on this phone I'm going to be extremely sorely tempted. Not a big fan of the look and feel of Samsung's phones but I could see myself getting HTCs GE phone

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Love to have the GE come in "black" or "red" or even "green" as a option. I hope it does not default to "silver". I don't care for that color! To bland! 64GB would be ideal too!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Bring it to Europe and we'll talk. I think for most people the Sense version is the better option though. You'll be losing a lot in the way of camera capabilities and Gallery stuff like Zoes and video highlights.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

howie

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
What they should do is sell the "Google Edition" ROM for the HTC One as an upgrade for a small fee. That way they don't have the supply issues or worry of no one buying it and going more in the hole.
With that I'd totally buy then.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What they should do is sell the "Google Edition" ROM for the HTC One as an upgrade for a small fee. That way they don't have the supply issues or worry of no one buying it and going more in the hole.
With that I'd totally buy then.

Or you can download an AOKP or AOSP that will be better than the stock Google ROM lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I would LOVE to buy this. But I just bought my Nexus 4 in November, and I like it. I don't think I'm ready to pay $600 up front for a phone after how much I have enjoyed the Nexus 4 (and its price point).