Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By omniusovermind
  • 2 Post By jsntrenkler
  • 1 Post By DavidsTech
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Button layout

I'm wondering how this is going to work because stock android doesn't use the weird button layout the regular HTC One uses
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    6,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Button layout

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I'm wondering how this is going to work because stock android doesn't use the weird button layout the regular HTC One uses
    This is being discussed here too:
    Ending the Menu Key Argument for Good(Hopefully)

AC speculates that they'll have the black bar, or that if they don't want a black bar, they could solve it by adding a menu button. Aside from how it handles menu and recent apps, the buttons on the HTC One actually do comply with Google's standards.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Shouldnt be a big deal. It will just be mapping to the buttons the One has. For instance there are AOSP roms out now and button layout is not an issue. And the One is already configured for Google's standards which is why we have the black bar. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

I hate the black bar ... Lol that's probably the only thing I don't like about this phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    sropedia and Russ Smith like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I hate the black bar ... Lol that's probably the only thing I don't like about this phone.

Yeah it's a little annoying. Besides other things that's why I run custom ROMs and kernels. No more black bar for me and the phone is better than stock. I mean this is why we get Nexus/Google edition phones right? Lol.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post

AGREED!

I agree about not liking the layout to much. But I take the good with the bad. And the good outweighs the bad big time with the htc one. As for hacking it, I'm done with doing that for now. I am only getting smartphones I am fine using as is. And don't have to hack it to like or enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    omniusovermind likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by DavidsTech View Post
    I agree about not liking the layout to much. But I take the good with the bad. And the good outweighs the bad big time with the htc one. As for hacking it, I'm done with doing that for now. I am only getting smartphones I am fine using as is. And don't have to hack it to like or enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Totally with you on that. I decided to stop doing that when I was setting up a new HDTV one day and the thought occurred to me that none of my other electronics are purchased with the need to install 3rd party ROMs in order to optimize my user experience.