Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Europe Editor

Thumbs up Google Edition camera app w/ Photosphere - easy install, no root needed

Here's the camera (and gallery) app from the Google Edition phones, which lets you record and view Photosphere images. The file has been pulled directly from Jerry's GS4 GE system dump, no tampering at all.

So far I've been able to install it normally on the GS4 and HTC One (Euro, skinned versions), the Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia SP. I'm charging an old ICS device as I write this to test on that too. Should definitely work on 4.1 and up, though.

Enjoy!

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...leryGoogle.apk

Update: Direct link, since the file uploader is having issues. Seems to work on the LG Optimus Vu, which runs ICS 4.0.3.

Update 2: New URL that's just the APK, no unzipping required. If you downloaded the earlier one, just unzip it, don't try to flash it.
    Last edited by Phil Nickinson; 06-27-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Thanked by 38:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Google Edition camera app w/ Photosphere - easy install, no root needed

I can confirm this updates the camera app on my stock, unrooted Nexus 4

Default Re: Google Edition camera app w/ Photosphere - easy install, no root needed

I tried it on my Galaxy Note i717 running 4.1.2.......didn't work

*edit* tried just downloading the APK and it works fine
    Last edited by Dustin Wilkie; 06-27-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

this file cannot be opened inside phone storage on my Sprint GS4, how do I get this to open?

Androzip or root explorer
    Thanked by:

Photosphere is not working in HTC One X.

It did not install on my GS3 with CyanogenMod 10.1.0 stable

Edit: After backing up Gallery2.apk and uninstalling with Titanium Backup, I was able to install the new camera. Works great!
    Last edited by jeephacker; 06-27-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Thanked by:

Ditto

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by jeephacker View Post
    It did not install on my GS3 with CyanogenMod 10.1.0 stable

ROM
    CyanogenMod N252

no go on the VZW SG3 CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon | Cyanogen(mod) 10.1
    Asus Transformer TF101 | Cyanogen(mod)
    Nook Color | Cyanogen(mod)
    Logitech Revue
    Past : HTC Glacier / HTC Sapphire / HTC Dream / Blackberry 8100, 8310, 8700, 8900, 9700

Not working on my S3 with CM10.1 - although I have used an older solution on previous occasions, photosphere never worked well and often interfered with or even prevented basic picture taking.

This package, however, tries the install and simply returns: "App not installed."
    Talk about some meaningless error messages...

EDIT: 10.1 from a pre-stable nightly, which seems to be a variation on the people who posted above me.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Android Central Europe Editor

Updated link that's just the APK, for convenience. If you downloaded the earlier link, remember you just need to unzip it and grab the APK. It's not a flashable zip.

Works great on the my gs3! Thanks
    Thanked by:
    Samsul Eter likes this.

Anyone try this on a Razr HD Maxx?

Works great on 7100 Galaxy Note 2 :-P
    Thanked by:

Working great on my HTC Rezound

Panorama >>>>>>> !
    Thanked by 2:
    Samsul Eter likes this.

Works great on my HTC One, and I don't really see any difference in PQ. I'll continue to test.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Works on my DNA!

Installed fine on my Razr Maxx, It gave me a second gallery and camera app (I have 2 of each now).

I don't have a photosphere option, it's just the normal Panorama that I always had.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Works fine on my GS3 on verizon running stock.
    Thanked by 2:

Link down, generating too much traffic.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Getting the following error.
    Error (509)
    This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
    Does anyone have a mirror?

Denied by Dropbox....

Error (509)
    This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Link disabled....due to traffic on your public links..please upload it to some other cloud service like mediafire or zippy share, etc....eagerly waiting to download that app and test it on my Galaxy Note GT-N7000....

Dropbox link down
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy-TORO

Does this apk file overlay over the original app? I have a HTC One and I don't wan't to lose my ZOE feature.
    Thanked by:
    ki_lan 
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast